Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

First Crash, How to put back flybar correctly

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

First Crash, How to put back flybar correctly

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Slevin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Crash, How to put back flybar correctly

Well I had my first run in with a wall today. I broke a few parts and have them all replace but the Blade grips for the CPv3. I have the balde grips for a CPv2 and will use them until my LHS gets the correct parts in for the CPv3 and I can have the full Bell-Hiller usage. Onto the question. I've got the heli back together with new parts, but how do I ensure the flybar is aligned correctly. For instance, I may be off on how much this effects the flight, but when I put the bar through the slide block, center hub, and seewaw, is there a measurment on either side it should be away from the center hub? Also, when I screw the other flybar paddles on, how do I make sure they are both aligned exactly the same and level? Thanks for the info.

-Slevin
Old 01-02-2009, 02:12 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: First Crash, How to put back flybar correctly

I install the flybar paddles all the way onto the flybar. Thread them on until they bottom out, then align them horizontally with the stabilizer hub and eachother. I just eyeball it looking down the flybar across both paddles. As far as the measurement, make sure they are the same on both sides. You want them balanced and equal distance on both sides. Spin it up without the blades to check for vibration. If there is some vibration, slide them one way or the other to get it to balance and eliminate the vibration.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:16 PM
ttennis1600

Default RE: First Crash, How to put back flybar correctly

the way i do my flybar is i measure it from the end of the paddle to the stableizer and make sure that both sides measure the same.
then when thats all done i put my stick at mid pitch to get the blades level and then i eye paddles from the side,and if they look good then thats it. good luck[X(]