Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Axial Scorpion Electronics mamba???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Axial Scorpion Electronics mamba???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:56 PM
asimons07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axial Scorpion Electronics mamba???

Im buying my first rock crawler and im going with a axial ax10 scorpion arr. i already have a mamba sidewinder with a 5700kv motor. im thinking that the motor wont work so hot. can i buy a novak 55 and use it with the mamba sidewinder esc? Any esc/motor comination advise would be greatly appreciated.

Also, should i go with a 2s lipo and mount it over the front diff? ive seen ppl do this?

Thanks, Adam
Old 02-05-2009, 12:10 AM
BadClownCrawler
Banned

Default RE: Axial Scorpion Electronics mamba???

ya you wont have the torque you need with that motor. the esc will be fine. i think the sidewinder does brushless. you may want to check the website to be sure. the axial 55 is ok, but i would suggest the Novak 55T. its a much better choice imo. the steering servo is right above the front pumpkin. you can buy/make a front plate that allows you to shift the steering servo towards the wheel, and open the other side for the Lipo. it works quite good though i dont use this method. not yet anyways. but im making some changes and will be trying some changes before i do this full mod on mine.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:56 PM
goodoldlevi
My Feedback: (2)

The sidewinder is a great esc. You need the castle link to change the settings from brushless to brushed and adjust the drag break which is a huge help. As far as a motor goes I started out with a 55 integy and found that it did not have the wheel speed I was looking for. I am now running a 45 integy, 17 pinion and stock spur with a 1600 nimh saddle pack and a mamba max esc. This set up is better but after watching a few people run the 35 holmes handwound and lipo thats my new direction. Awsome wheel speed and still alot of control and torque. After seeing and running both brushed and brushless motors the brushed are smoother and I feel give a little more control. I would start out with the 45 over 55 after a little crawling you will want a little more wheel speed. This is just my oppinion and the most important thing is to find what's best for you. Here are a few pictures of how my truck is set up.

different tires and body

Old 02-05-2009, 08:51 PM
asimons07

thanks, i will look into a integy 45 motor. i need to buy a castle link in order to program my sidewinder. im going to purchase this now. thanks for all the help. Adam