Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

HELP on Morris The Knife control problem

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

HELP on Morris The Knife control problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 10:57 PM
dickj
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP on Morris The Knife control problem

I am building a Morris the knife kit. I have the fuselage ready to positon the pull pull yellow nylon sheath and cant for the life of me figure out where these go and how the servos are to be mounted in the wing. The plan doesnt even show the throttle servo or how the pull system is connected or how many servos. The plan is very vague and I have built a few kits but not fun flys. Surelly they could have included a suggested method. The insert that was provided is vague and not of the Knife airplane. Is there anyone out there who has pictures of how you made your control setup? I need some detail pics. Have broadband so can take large files. I just cant seem to figure this one out yet without help!
Old 06-09-2003, 10:56 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

Hey Dick
Take a look at the plans. they show where to install the pull-pull cables. when done you want one rudder cable to exit out the rear on the right side of fuse., and the other to exit out the left side. For the elevator, you want both to exit rear of fuse. on left side ( one below elevator and one above). Up front you want both rudder cables to exit the right side of fuse just forward of the trialing edge of the wing, and the elevator cables to exit on the left side of fuse in front.

Looking at the wing up side down, you will have three servos in the left side, and two servos in the Right side.

The left side servos are> outside for(Right ) Aileron and inside for elevator.

The right side servos are> outside for (Left) Aileron, Middle for Rudder, and inside for Throttle.

Not sure this will help, but I hope so.
Will try and post a picture or two later.

Doug
Old 06-09-2003, 03:43 PM
dickj
My Feedback: (1)

Default Knife controls

Yes this helps me as I was still confused looking at the plans as to where they exited ie. in the wing or behind it. Thanks, Dickj
Old 06-09-2003, 09:41 PM
bgi
My Feedback: (7)

The servo arms should protrude outside of the servo covers on the bottoms of the wings. So the cables should exit the fuse below the wing to head towards the arms. It may help to mock up the wing and servos or get a good look at a plane or pic. Let me know if no photos show up before Saturday. I can post a couple.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:47 PM
travis newman
Banned

Default just do it!!

Auw just slap the freekin thig to gether and get hoverin would ya!!