Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Some vids from today Feb 22nd.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Some vids from today Feb 22nd.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 02:42 AM
sonicracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some vids from today Feb 22nd.

[link=http://sonicracingaustralia.com/v/G2cat0208.wmv]Twin 1.8 metre catamaran. 15 MB, 2 min.[/link]

[link=http://sonicracingaustralia.com/v/peteseantitans.wmv]A couple of 60" Titans. 16MB, 2 min 15 sec.[/link]

Cheers, Danny.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:54 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Some vids from today Feb 22nd.

Love that cat Danny. Just a great scale look on the water.

Thanks for sharing - Some of us have to live through your videos for now - my lake has been solid for over a month now. Soon it will thaw..... soon......
Old 02-22-2009, 11:25 AM
45deepvee

looks good danny. that white boats looks great. those monos look like a blast to run.

things have been frozen in New Jersey for a while now also. and were supposed to get more snow and winter weather tonight
Old 02-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Dreamin Hemi

Know that feeling, have snow falling NOW![&o]...that's ok, garage has heat and lots of work to in there. By the way Danny, thanks for rubbing that video in our noses..
Old 02-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Jamming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW ! Great stuff, Those boats are well a thing of beauty. Any crocks in that pond. Thank you for posting those videos really enjoyed them. Maybe sometime you can post a video of whats pushing them, Would love to see the engines and running gear. What knid of speed where they going. I am sure it is deceptive because of there size.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:55 AM
sonicracing

The weather here in the tropics means we can run boats all year round. No crocs, snow or ice to worry about either. The 60" monos run 70 to 75 k's (mid 40's) with stock engines and the twin cat, being a little on the heavy side runs low 80's (50 or so) with stock engines when they are both running fine. In that vid it ran 76 k's and you can hear one engine is not performing as it should which slows the boat considerably. I've yet to put my finger on the problem, one engine runs hot with little power and is hardly running over 13000, the other is fine with good temp and consistantly runs over 16000. I've checked all the basics, water pick ups, hoses, vacuum leaks - now I'm leaning towards the carb itself. Will get it sorted I'm sure.

Heaps of photos and videos on the website. Not a lot of new videos though, been too busy running boats.

Cheers, Danny.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:50 AM
monsterbrad

try running the boat with the top off.
Mine does what that sounded like it was doing.
there is not enough air inside the boat for the engine.
This sounds crazy but try it.
Mine runs another 5MPH when I take the top off in calmer water.
When in rough water I run it with the top on cause it is bouncing around enough that it does not seem to bother it.