Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

good on road car

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 11:11 AM
novakmaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good on road car

what is a good on road car that is fast cheap?
Old 05-26-2008, 11:22 AM
spartan117

Default RE: good on road car

You made a mistake trying to ask for a car. There are no cars that are good, fast, and cheap. you will always have to trade off one of them. That is unless you buy a stolen rc car, but that is unethical. I would recommend you get a RTR Hot Bodies Cyclone S. Get some good batteries and then maybe one of these for your thirst for speed ( http://www.nitrorcx.com/ezrun-brushless-combo-set.html ).

The cyclone is an excellent handling car and it is belt drive.

Best of Luck,
Spartan117
Old 05-26-2008, 03:21 PM
novakmaxx

how about good and fast.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Doonagoowin

I believe most electrics come about the same speed out of the box, around the 30 MPH range... At least my cars do.
About the speed, do what spartan117 said and 1) get better batteries and/or 2) upgrade to a better motor, namely a brushless set.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:16 PM
jude26
My Feedback: (1)

I had Mamba Max 7700 in my cyclone S and it was doing 50+ with NIMH batteries. My TC4 has a stock 19T motor and the fastest I clocked it was 26mph.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:56 PM
stobodort

anyone tried to use the hobbywing EZrun brushless system?
Old 06-03-2008, 07:34 PM
TIGER76

I believe most electrics come about the same speed out of the box, around the 30 MPH range... At least my cars do.
damn what cars do you buy then??

The tamiyas which come with the silver stock 27t motor only do between 15-20 mph.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:01 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: novakmaxx

how about good and fast.
I do not know anything about electrics, but for nitro, Mugen, Xray, & Serpent make some of the best on-road nitro RCs. The best on my list would be the Mugen MTX-4, but if someone belives a Serpent or Xray is better, I would not doubt it.

Of course, the downside of these brands are their major costs as compared to the chinese stuff. Mugen, Xray, I know for sure, use superior materials (alum, grade of nylon plastic), so fit and finish falls into a very tight tolerace spec, which translate into excellent precision. That coupled with very good design are what give a highly skilled driver the edge over another.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:39 PM
sweendog1969

This question reminds me of the "hobby shop" down the street. He usually has about three or four R/C cars or monster trucks there at anytime as well as a wall of about 50 different types of airsoft pistols and then the three or four modified quads or jetskies in the other window. So one day i decided to go in there and see what he had (after he had been open for a couple of weeks) i was looking at them and they looked like your average 1/0th r/c exept they had .12's w/no name in them and when i asked the guy what company makes these his reply is uhhhh i dont know, then i ask him where do i get parts for them if they break uhhh i dont know is his answer again, then i asked what percentage of nitro fuels and what are their oil contents? again with the i dont know crap! Granted all of the R/C stuff in his "shop" where no more than $150-$200 you sell somebody a toy for their kid and they just dropped that kind of cash on it and now it useless they are going to get p!$$ed. So the moral of this little story/rant is make sure you know the product and the person that is selling you the product knows it and has parts for it.