Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

New post for Composite ARF 2.6M Yak

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

New post for Composite ARF 2.6M Yak

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 03:28 PM
PTS
My Feedback: (153)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New post for Composite ARF 2.6M Yak

Hello Fellas!

I received my 2.6m Yak today! I am completely stoked about the quality of this plane and the service I received from Comp ARF and Mr. Andy Kane. The color I received was the white with the red on the bottom of the wings and stab. What a beauty!!! I will be calling on a few of you guys for advice if you don't mind and will post progress pics...

Thanks,

Perry
Old 04-22-2005, 06:19 PM
WILDMAN 420
My Feedback: (1)

Mike,
No i am not running a power box, i have had many peoiple say " you can't do that!!" but it works fine, the reciever will handle it, Derrin is running 7.4 volts to everything in his with no regs and he hasn't had any problems either, i actually decided after talking to him about it that i would follow in his footsteps, i figure a guy that teaches electronics would know what he was talking about.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:32 AM
PTS
My Feedback: (153)

Hello fellas!

I need some advice! On my 2.6m I will be running a DA-100 w/ tuned pipes and I am not clear what to do for my battery and electronic setup. The servos that I want to use for the plane are the JR8611 but unsure of what throttle servo. The battery setup I am considering is the IMAC-PKG2 from Duralite. I am lost since this is really the first aircraft of this nature that I am building. Is dual receivers advisable(I am considering the JR 649), is a powerbox required? Sorry for a loaded questions, but I want to make absolute sure of what I intend to do... Please help!

Thanks,

Perry
Old 04-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Mike3579
My Feedback: (56)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I 'm using the imac pkg1 from duralite which is one 4000 pack for radio and 1 2000 for ignition. pkg2 would be a good choice also. Everyone has their opinion on what to use but from what I've read and from the questions that I myself have asked on this plane and others is to KEEP IT SIMPLE! keep it light! Power box and dual recievers are really not needed for a plane this size (again my opinion). JR 8611's will work great and the Hitec 5955 would be another good choice if you could find them instock.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:04 PM
xtreem3d
My Feedback: (1)

perry,
pretty much what mike said .... on my throttles i use a jr 8101 ultra precision servo, not the digital ultra precision./ i didn't care for the digital version but it could have been my imagination<G>. imo ... it's important to have a good repeatable servo on throttle.( maybe you've had planes that you would run up then back and the idle would be different every time,) it's also important to get a good "linear" setup , (max atv in both directions ) so that one click of throttle isn't 100 rpm's but rather 50 rpms as an example. that way you have smoother throttle throughout the whole range of movement. hope i didn't complicate that,
good luck,
steve
Old 07-05-2005, 08:37 AM
hobdean
My Feedback: (11)

I had a bME 110 on a 2.6 yak and it vibrated everything loose. Finally the butterfly screw came out in front of 50,000 people, that was embarassing enough. Then the new carb from bme leaned out in the air and the motor over heated and bme does not want to stand up to their 2 year warranty. It could have been a lemon. Their service is the worse.

I now have a DA-100 and it runs like a top. Nothing has vibrated loose and tons of power. It weights the same when I had the bme.

Check your six
Hoby
Old 03-28-2009, 06:15 AM
ahmed_p51

ORIGINAL: hobdean

I had a bME 110 on a 2.6 yak and it vibrated everything loose. Finally the butterfly screw came out in front of 50,000 people, that was embarassing enough. Then the new carb from bme leaned out in the air and the motor over heated and bme does not want to stand up to their 2 year warranty. It could have been a lemon. Their service is the worse.

I now have a DA-100 and it runs like a top. Nothing has vibrated loose and tons of power. It weights the same when I had the bme.

Check your six
Hoby
Hello Guys

I have a composite 2.6m Yak here is the photo also i install DA 100 , the plane comes little tail havey so do i keep it that way or should i put some weight in the front to make it just stright when i make the CG , also by the way i had YAK 55 , 25% and i was flying it little tail heavy but i make it heavy by putting the battiers little to the back so any ideas
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76283.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1167649