Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need experienced help

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 04:49 AM
Wcheet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need experienced help

Hello all, im completely new to RC cars and have no idea what to look for etc etc so......

Im afetr a rc car for me and my son to take to the park and muck about with, i made the mistake of buying a £15 one and needless to say it didnt move on the grass! so i guess you get what you pay for!

itll need to go quite fast over grass and be able to take a battering! im looking to spend upto £100 on it, i dont mind how its powered.

i would go online and have a look myself but as i said i dont know a thing so thought id come and ask the people that will!!

im in the uk btw, if anyone knows of any cars they can recommend ill be most happy, if you can pls provide a link!

when i was a kid i think there was a van called the lunchbox? that should show you how outta touch i am!!

many thx in advance all.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:18 AM
arcarle

Default RE: Need experienced help

Im not sure what the conversion rate will be for the "Traxxas Slash" but in the USA it runs 180-210 USD. It works well off road and can DEFINITELY take a bashing. These are very popular newer style of ready to race truck that came out last year. New driver friendly and good for begininers. Check it out and see what you think.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:47 PM
mkoresh12

Thats about 200 USD. You can get an OK electric for that price. The problem your going to run into is that by the time you get batteries and a charger your going to be well over your budget. The only vehicle that can may be able to do what your asking and still have cash for batteries and charger is the Duratrax Evader ST. Run about $100 USD. Not sure of their availability over seas. If you already have batteries and charger the slash is worth looking into as well as Rustler XL5 or HPI E-Firestorm. Outside of these your probably looking at a Red Cat or Himoto car.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:54 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go on ebay and type in bonzer rc truck...They are a TL01 knock off that are 4x4 with everything you need to run and you can get any parts you want for it from Tamiya..They are popular over your way.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:23 AM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The tamiya lunchbox is still available, should be in your price range, tough as nails and one of the funnest rc (that I own). Its big tires will go through grass no problem, it is upgradeable to faster motors, you can add oil shocks, bearings, whatever suits you.