Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Finally ran the crackerbox today! a short video link as well

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Finally ran the crackerbox today! a short video link as well

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:23 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Finally ran the crackerbox today! a short video link as well

I am not sure how I ended up with so little video when we took so much? but here is a link to a short clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4oxkcWcwWo

My over all impressions were good. I was just building a fun boat with a cheap weedie motor. It looked faster and sounded quieter at the pond. I need to set the audio down some on the camera because the boat was real quiet with the stock muffler. I would guess it was running in the low 20's for speed. Its funny how it looks so much slower now on tape. The motor did seem to be breaking in some near the end of the run. And it was running a little further out of the water. We ran 3 times..around 45 minutes total. The nice thing is it definately didn't seem powerful enough to get into trouble easily. And it behaved well in some chop in the corners. It was nice to just start it and drive and have some low key low stress fun!

I know you flat out racers won't be to impressed but this one wasn't mean't to fly ! hahahahah

I will get some better footage on a sunny day, but since there is so little new crackerbox footage posted ..maybe someone will be inspired or spurred on to finish theirs.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:49 PM
nieto1124
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Finally ran the crackerbox today! a short video link as well

very nice! i like every thing about that rig. it will probably run forever.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:12 PM
nooh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the run m8,The video looked great, I will have some video of my I-Box soon, mmm just need to find a good camera man.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:09 PM
bondobuster

Nice runner. Luv the sound of the chop slappin the hull...
Old 04-09-2009, 11:34 PM
foodstick

You know that is one thing my friend and I noticed, with the lower horsepower and quiet motor you really hear alot of that kind of stuff that you associate with riding in a fullscale pleasure craft. When I would idle back and just putt around, and taxi up to pull the boat out of the water it just made me think of the old cheap speed boat my dad had when I was a kid.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:07 PM
foodstick

Well i took the boat out for about the 5th or 6th time. The lower power and weight makes it run real reliable in chop, but I found out what I expected yesterday, in flat water it is BUTT slow ! hahahahah

I was able to do some cool hole shot doughnuts, then the prop would grab and accelerate out.

Oh yeah, letting my wife drive it at about 5 mph was as scary as I thought. People that can't tell right and left apart in ANY function of life should NOT do RC !!! I swear she was trying to run it on the rocks, and under the dock ! got it home intact, and wasn't kicked off the lake..so it was a success !
Old 05-10-2009, 03:25 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great on the water mate,the great thing about these kind of motors is theyre reliable and will run and run.Add a big carb and a pipe and you can gain quite a bit of power,open up the ports a tad and you gain quite a bit too.Good to see your having fun with it ,now you will be itching to build something else im sure.
Mart
Old 05-10-2009, 03:25 AM
noisy

hey mate one of the most stable boxes i have seen for a long time...they have a reputation off having a mind of there own..top build...bob
Old 05-11-2009, 06:37 PM
pyro1

[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]Great build. Looks beautiful skimming along. Speed is not always the thrill.
Again great build!

Pyro1