Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Wholesaler??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 03:06 PM
MPDano-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Wholesaler??

Hi, does anyone have any names they can throw out that are good rc wholesalers? I love RC so much, I may start a business near where I live. Thanks in advance
Old 06-20-2003, 09:03 PM
dg2b

Default RC Wholesaler??

I don't know about wholesaler but you might want to inform about being a distributor for the product line you are wanting to sell. You can inquire directly to the manufacturers like hpi, horizon, etc. They might require business license and such.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:01 AM
RES

Default R/C Distributors (Wholesalers)

Try Great Planes Model Distributors. Visit their web site at:

http://www.GPdealer.com

You can also try Cleveland Hobby Supply Company. Visit their web site at:

http://www.clhobby.com/

I've done business with both of these distributors for over ten years.

Be prepared to provide your store front address and business references. Some distributors require photos of your store front, your landlord and bankers names and addresses, State sales tax ID, and so forth. You may also face a fairly hefty initial order...maybe as much as $5,000, or as little as $500. In addition, you may be required to place monthly minimum orders in order to maintain an account.

Here's the deal, distributors and existing retail dealers don't want folks setting up shop in their garages to just get stuff at cost or compete against dealers without the overhead of a retail store. ..... Randy
Old 07-18-2003, 10:59 PM
Kyoshokiller

Default RC Wholesaler??

There has to be a way to get more info than that I would think. Otherwise how would you start a bussiness? I own a retail bussiness (furniture). It'd be tough to get a bussiness going without knowing at least some of the cost up front. Otherwise the only people who could open a store reliably would be people who came from existing shops... At least Cleveland Hobby seems to make an attempt to give some info.

To explain. I would want to know how much I would have to sell to reach my cost for the shop, employees and utilities etc... This is essential so you can determine if theres enough demand in your area to warrant opening a shop in the first place.

Of course I've been around long enough to know that wholesalers dont exactly bend over backwords for retailers either. It's probably the same reason there have been 3 hobby shops in the area that opened then closed again within a year or two since I was a kid.