Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Dreamin CS at the lake vids

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Dreamin CS at the lake vids

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:03 PM
bondobuster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dreamin CS at the lake vids

Here are some Dreamin CS " the Flagship" vids I got on fathers day at the lake....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txyqA1GSJyQ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF0zUSyxG5c enjoy......
Old 06-22-2009, 09:05 PM
bobrien

Default RE: Dreamin CS at the lake vids

That was awesome to see but I found myself holding my breath for most of it. Pretty soon I'll have my Dreamin on the lake but with RCMK power and a lot less weight than that one. What is the top speed that you have been able to acheive?
Old 06-22-2009, 09:51 PM
bondobuster

Will find out this week as I got a gps unit. My guesstimate is maybe 40+mph tops with stock zen , clutch andan x472 octura from Whobbies. Have a few more props to try out and will gps all of the trials from here on in.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:16 PM
bobrien

Scott and I were able to get mid 40's at a small pond that was not big enough to air it out. Every time we could hear the pitch change as it was about to come up on plane, it was time to turn. Glad to see you let it run all out.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:45 PM
bondobuster

Got 39 mph with my slow prop then the gps quit so I couldn't get a reading with the "good" props. Estimate with the speed prop today is 44 mph. Will tweak some more as the high needle was glitchy. Seems as I change props I have to fiddle a little more with the stinger angle and the wind was playing havoc with the trim tabs. Tried a 5-blader today and it was a "dog". Just wanted to cavitate. Maybe too much prop for a stocker. Funny that my 6717/3 prop wanted to do the same thing. Maybe a stinger adjustment as both of them sound the same. Boat loves the octura x472, it just goes with no hesitation. Had a chance to try a x470/3 but it wouldn't fit on the drive dog as it needed to be opened up a bit. Don't forget to check that out before you balance/sharpen it! lol Cheers....