Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

New Brushless Egg fryer

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:07 PM
OldManMonza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Brushless Egg fryer

All right trying to figure out what would be the best Gear Ratio for a Castle Creations 5700Kv Motor. Currently using the Stock Spur and Stock Tooth Pinion Iam getting a 5.6 to 1 Ratio. From everything that Ihave been seeing this is WAYover what I should be looking at. However Ican't seem to find what it should be. Spur Gears availabe are 87 to 110. If Igo with what caslte is recommending Ishould be using a 110 spur and 21 T Pinion.This works out to a 12.77 to 1. I am wanting to get a good amount of punch and decent top end, doing touring car Cyclone S so not a lot a straight, does this sound right or should there a diffrent combo Ishould use.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2009, 11:20 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: New Brushless Egg fryer

if you are running 64p gears drop 2 teeth at a time on the pinion and check the temp on your motor .... what your wanting to do is get the motor temp down to around 160 at the end of the run. also try some motor heat sinks with fans on them, they will allow you to gear taller and still make temp.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:24 AM
total3d

Default RE: New Brushless Egg fryer

hi mate,
i just did alot of testing with the castle creations sidewinder, 5700kv motor+esc. castle recommend 12:1, but its too damn slow!

heres what i got for my gearing, i aimed at keeping my motor temps under 190F(200F max)
keep in mind my internal ratio is 2.0, using 64p pinions and spurs, and using a yokomo bd5 touring car.

10:1= good acceleration, punch, low top speed. good for tight tracks. low motor temps, long run time
8:1= best ratio, mid-high motor temps(but under 200f), mod top speed, and punch.
5.5 or 6:1= decent top speed, high motor temps, short run time.

also, set your esc punch to low and motor timing to moderate.