Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Wanted: Old PT 19

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 08:39 AM
mike hodge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted: Old PT 19

Just got into CL after more than 40 years (crashed the Cox PT in 1970 at age 8) and I'm again hooked on the old Cox PT 19s. I'm looking for one with the yellow fuselage and blue wings - or any of the older ones that came out in the '70s and '80s.

My email: [email protected].

Mike Hodge
Old 07-13-2009, 09:13 AM
mikeainia
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Wanted: Old PT 19

I would suggest that you join this Yahoo group as it is a group for those who collect and refurbish the old plastic RTF's.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors

You can also keep an eye on Ebay, as this kind of stuff often shows up there.

You had better be prepared for some sticker shock as all of the manufacturers/plastic planes are very highly collectable and bring prices that might make you gulp. The engines can be had for fairly reasonable prices, often.

Best of luck

Mike A.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:38 AM
davred

You can get Cox engines and spares from Xenalook.
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/XENALOOK__W0QQ_armrsZ1

And Coxmania.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Model-En...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

I have not seen the PT19 for years though you get the occassional RTF in ebay.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:10 AM
BtnFlyGuy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,
Welcome back! Igot back into the hobby a few years back and Idid the same thing...that is to go find the PT-19 like I had when Iwas a kid. The sticker shock comment was certainly warranted. Idid find one in new shape and hung it on the wall. In the meantime, Ialso bought up a few .049's on EBay and plans for a few simple profile trainers. Flown on steel lines rather than the old draggy dacron lines, these are a heck of a lot of fun and easy to repair/replace. The PT-19 is still hanging on the wall to remind me of how badly it flew. It *was* tuff*, but served more to wean out the "wanna'-be" flyers from the "that looks neat" guys. Iwould suggest the same and look forward to moving up the scale to the more flyable aircraft in the .19-.35 range. (By the way, I'm still keeping my PT-19, but if you are dead set on having one and giving it a good home Imight be persuaded to part with it).
Justin
[email protected]
Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 PM
509boatman55

I have heard a lot of good things about the ARF PT 19 that is available now (Hanger9 I believe) it is a bigger plane than the plastic one and is supposed to fly well.
On the other hand-I love flying 1/2 A-yes, they can be squirrelly, but a well designed and balanced 1/2a model flys just fine. Just take a look @ the 1/2a combat guys flying-they seem to have no problem with control!
Also: you might try using the high tech braided fishing lines that are available now(Fireline, Fusion et al). They don't kink like steel, in fact they are advertized as being stronger than steel in tensile tests. They are UV and chemical resistant as well and seem to slice the air as well as steel.(Smaller diameter for equivalent strength.)30 to 40 foot lines for 1/2a depending on the model/engine size seems to be the consensus. Good luck and have fun!!
Old 07-13-2009, 01:35 PM
mike hodge

Mike: I'm prepared for the "sticker shock." Been on Ebay a lot looking and got outbid for reverse blue/yellow PT this weekend. Me and another guy bid the exact same thing. I thought I was being clever by bidding at the last second and would come in and nab the thing, but he won since he put his bid a few minutes before I did.

Hence the reason I'm keeping my eye for another reverse blue/yellow.

Mike
Old 07-13-2009, 02:15 PM
davred

A tip for sniping on ebay is not to bid whole amounts. For example I always bid with odd pennies like £10.07, you would be suprised just how many times the odd amount wins.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:03 PM
mike hodge

DAve: Thought about that after losing out on that PT. I'll know next time. Man, that was a NICE plane.

Mike
Old 07-15-2009, 03:08 PM
davred

Came across this in my browsing.

http://www.modelflight.com.au/control_line_models.htm