Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Deep V hull help

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Deep V hull help

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 03:56 PM
jworm49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Deep V hull help

Toofatt & Floggin, Thanks so much for your help this is just the kind of stuff I need to hear I just don't want to go one way or the other then kick my self later on. Another question though is there any one type or make/model of hull that is known for being easier to set up than others since I have experience with it?
Old 07-15-2009, 05:24 PM
t00fatt

Nothing will be easier than a pre-drilled WHH hull with WHH hardware. Tony sells his kit's pre-driled so I'm sure he will drill out a hull for a hull purchase.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:23 PM
jworm49

thanks man that is good yo know
Old 07-16-2009, 09:15 AM
jworm49

Toofat, I was wondering when people say that a hull is or isn't hardware sensitive do they mean what type of hardware or how it is put on the hull or both.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:24 AM
FlogginHarvey

Setup sensative means that the builder needs to be very careful to follow the suggestions/instructions of whomever made the hull. The strut/stinger placement and trim angle, the placement and angle of the rudder, placement of tabs...etc.

The WareHouse Hobbies are probably the most user friendly, then Aeromarine Laminates, AC Modle Boats, and Rico (remember the Aeromarine XXX and the AC are the same hull).

It's really all down to what you want and how and where you will be running. The Rico, Aeromarine, and AC hulls will be tough to beat with stock Zennie power and a nice set of hardware.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:18 AM
jworm49

OK man thanks. It looks like I really should go with a WHH hull seeing how I don't really know much about how to setup a boat.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:49 AM
jworm49

Toofat, I found a place to run close to home that has very calm water. I was wondering if you had any experience with the WHH team pro. I like the Mag 57 but was thinking that the Team pro might be better for me when I'm a little better at driving if I want to go a little faster. But I was thinking that it may handle rough water reasonably well if I was to run into some at other places that I could run.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:40 PM
t00fatt

My friend also has a WHH super sport, which has the same hull as the team pro just a different deck. The hull is built just as well as any of the WHH hulls, and handles very well if you keep it in it's speed range. It can get pretty flighty once you start getting close to 45mph. Some have pushed it over 50mph, but handling and predictability is reduced. If your going to be playing in relatively calm water than the team pro is a better choice, but it can still handle a nice chop especially with Tony's dual rudder setup. A stock motor with a pipe should have it just over 40mph as well. It is a very fun boat to drive, but it won't do so well in 6" chop. You also can not beat the customer service you will get from WHH, Tony is always happy to help you out and answer all your questions no matter how stupid they are. For a beginner, I really think you should stick to nothing but WHH boats until you really get a good understanding of all aspects of RC boating.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:22 PM
jworm49

Thanks again Toofat. I've been eyeing a super G for years so I'm glad to hear WHH is highly thought off in the hobby. I just want to get a hull I can grow with a little. I'd love a cat someday but figured I really shouldn't try to start there. but I feel if I can get a hull for now that is good to somewhere near fifty I will have my hands full for a while. Would you recommend the M5 upgrade for this hull I thought it looked like a good deal for the money?