Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

revo 3.3 worth extra 100 over tmaxx 3.3?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

revo 3.3 worth extra 100 over tmaxx 3.3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:01 AM
mval9188

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo 3.3 worth extra 100 over tmaxx 3.3?

Is the revo worth the extra dollars over the tmaxx or will I be satisfied with the tmaxx they aren't planning to discontinue that anytime soon right. There will still be lots of parts support?
Old 07-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Airbus 9e

Default RE: revo 3.3 worth extra 100 over tmaxx 3.3?

From anything I've ever read, the Revo is a better truck, both in handling and speed as well as being very tunable to conditions....The T-Maxx I had was very fragile compared to my brother inlaws Savage 25, which is still running around with my 7 year old nephew at the controls....

Of the 2, I'd pick the Revo....
Old 07-23-2009, 01:19 PM
mval9188

K thanks so maybe I will see a difference btwn the two for the extra hundred dollars
Old 07-23-2009, 04:38 PM
robwiljas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I own a new T-Maxx 3.3 and it's a good truck but if you can afford it I'd go with the new Revo 3.3, especially now that it includes a 2.4Ghz radio and rx and starter batteries.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:20 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: mval9188

Is the revo worth the extra dollars over the tmaxx or will I be satisfied with the tmaxx they aren't planning to discontinue that anytime soon right. There will still be lots of parts support?

Absolutely! If you save up the extra hundred and buy a Revo, you will NEVER regret doing so. Many Traxxas fans will back this up, including all of my racer friends who have both T-Maxxes and Revos. When they got Revos, it was like night and day difference in how much better the Revo is over T-Maxx.

Dont get me wrong, T-Maxx when it came out literally 10 years ago was the abo****e thing to have and it revolutionzed RCs as bing probably the most popular nitro MT ever sold. But as time went along, as tried and true the T-Maxx is, much better trucks hit the scene, and Traxxas did not sit on its ass when it made the Revo to challenge all those newer trucks.

To this day, the Revo is a very nimble MT and race-minded from its design from the ground up. And surprsingly, with some simple upgrades, the Revo is actually a decently tough truck capable of finishing races (everyone hats it when they lead the pack only to have a DNF due to some breakage).
Old 07-24-2009, 02:55 AM
dacaur

revo, no contest
Old 07-24-2009, 08:32 AM
HJJFFFAA

Why do they still make the T-Maxx? Get the Revo.