Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

O.S.21tm on Tmaxx2.5

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 08:06 PM
allan pedroza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S.21tm on Tmaxx2.5

Needs some help with my O.S.21tm on my t-maxx 2.5.
Last year i bashed my Maxx with new O.S. 21 tm and a 4 year old THS pipe but after 2 months there's a lot of unburned fuel coming out from the THS pipe and the truck become slugish so i tuned up my carb rich to lean, Sometimes it runs good then all of a sudden it become slugish again, With out adjusting any needle valve all of a sudden has a very poor performance,So i change the rubber cuppler,glow plug,fuel line and nothing happened,Then it came to my mind maybe the pipe so i put back the stock plastic pipe just to make sure if it will solve the problem and it runs good so from then on im using my old stock plastic pipe and now i have the same problems again.Alot of
unburned fuel coming out from the pipe that cause the truck with a poor performance and unpridictable tuning.
O.S.21tm is a good engine no doubt with that,Why it eats pipe?
Maybe because O.S.21tm is a bigger engine than the 2.5 that is why it rips the pipe, please help
Any idea will be appriciated.
Just want my baby back on the track even though my mate called it old school still proud to have it.

Thanks,
Allan

Hide Signatures
Old 08-13-2009, 09:21 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: O.S.21tm on Tmaxx2.5

I also have an OS .21TM in my Jato and never had an issue with it. I'm running a Buku Pipe on it though but I did run the stock pipe for some tike before getting the Buku. It sounds like your running rich. Also the position of the stinger may affect how fuel accumilates in the pipe. Which way is the stinger pointed. Another thing you may want to do is clean your pipe out every few runs. I use brake cleaner and WD40 for the Buku. Since your running your plastic one just try spraying some Simple Green in it. It is a great degreaser and it is safe on plastic and the enviroment. And again try leaning the motor out a bit in the low and high speed needles. Eventhough OS motors in my opinion hold a tune quite well you may have to retune every so often especially for weather conditions. Try these things out and see how it goes.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:40 PM
allan pedroza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O.S.21tm on Tmaxx2.5

Quietnas1 thanks for the reply,
The issue now is the tuned pipe, my old THS pipe and stock pipe are good for .15 engine only and O.S. 21 tm are bigger engine so it needs a pipe that are suited for her class.
I still have my stock pipe from my Savage 25 and i installed it in my Maxx now it is working good but i know this is not a performance pipe so i needs to upgrade.Do you have any idea what are the reasonable pipe for O.S.21tm? I know Buku pipe is expensive one right.

Thanks,
Allan