Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

need help finding a new toy to destroy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

need help finding a new toy to destroy

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Hibityhupla!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help finding a new toy to destroy

ok guys..here goes.....ive done plenty of stupid things with my rc's just to see what the result is...after a couple years of breaking them on mediocre jumps/wrecks i wanna do something fun (might not be legal but it would make great video..lol).....im looking for something that will go 70+mph no problem, handles decent(70+ makes everything squirrelly) and can take a jump so maybe ill get 2 shots at this at least....was thinking about the new revo but it wont touch the speed i need (have the old 3.3 converted to big block then went brushless...handles and jumps good just not enough speed) maybe a schumacher? they look cool but ive never drove or seen one up close

ok...now for the video idea (this is more for humor mind you)...i wanna be driving my rc from the passenger seat of a car going down the interstate...the car needs to be able to pass us doing at least 75mph and hopefully handle jumping an overpass..lol...now just to be clear...im sure i can get in trouble for 2 things here for sure..1 driving the rc on the interstate if there is traffic..2 putting a ramp on the road(blocking traffic)...ive got the help to make it happen so we can be in and out fast enough...plus i probably wouldnt try this anywhere else but Montana is pretty wide open and its not a rare thing to see empty interstate

so lets hear your idea's...70+ minimum..after that i can throw a couple "d" series rockets on the back hooked to a switch on the 3rd channel of a radio set(done it...it works) for the last burst before jumping....my guess(not sure) is that ill need at least 25+ft of air..probably more but its a good starting point....i would like the car/truck to live too....that way we get a couple chances...at least cheap to fix(arms, hubs, shock towers)..im sure ill have them on hand for this..lol

thanks in advance
Old 08-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Dan H

Default RE: need help finding a new toy to destroy

Umm...yeah....good luck with that.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Hibityhupla!

ok..lol...what if i take out the durability factor....i guess i could just buy a couple cars...hopefully when its done ill have one fairly beat one to drive..
Old 08-04-2009, 06:08 PM
TIGER76

Buy 2 mini erevos lots of lipo power and rockets like you said and strap them to your shoes and video it

What?! well its better than the driving at 70mph down the highway....

Have fun making vids but play safe m8 its all fun and games til someone gets hurt
Old 08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Hibityhupla!

the only thing that will get hurt is the car...if it looks unsafe (any traffic) it wont happen....think it will take 7 people at least..1 rc driver.1 real car driver.2 camera operators(1 in car,1 by overpass) 2 people to move the jump and 1 to grab the rc quick after impact...if nothing else it will be interesting....ive never seen it
Old 08-04-2009, 07:01 PM
TIGER76

Ive seen a few video on utube of rcs been driven on the road filmed from the front seat of a car (mainly quiet closed roads mind) the big store carparks are good for this too after closing hours when there arent many people about

Luckily i live next to an old airfield with a long runway strip which is great for speed runs otherwise i drive down to the local beach early morning to unleash the BL power.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Hibityhupla!

no suggestions? i know whatever i get will take some modification just for the speed alone...the jump is a whole other problem..lol....(idea) is it possible to covert a schumacher with a 3 speed to brushless and keep the 3 speed? ive already tried the tekno or novak(dont know, came in set) clutch bell adapter for the revo conversion...just personal opinion here but i thought it sucked...worked much better after moving the motor forward enough to run direct...but a 3speed would be a big issue compared to that...last time i looked they didnt even have a 3speed pinion..lol...was a thought but think its a little too much work for a one-jump wonder..other idea's?
Old 08-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Damo_MadTruck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a Traxxas Rustler VXL with really good lipos, that will reach 70mph (stock) and it might survive the jump if you land right.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 AM
On2_n_On4

so u need help to break the law?

sure it could be a nice video but why on the interstate?

yeah a few of us have done it before.... (I have) but it was on a private road at 2:00am with no traffic !
not only u can get in huge trouble, but u could also make some-1 crash!!

think about it....things like this could fk up the rest of the rc community

just my opinion [8D]
Old 08-05-2009, 09:30 AM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

This is an absolutely crazy idea. If you've got the money to throw around for two new Schumachers, go for it. But, do me a favor, don't do it on the road that everyone's tax dollars are having to pay for. I'd rather see it done on a back road with an overpass. That way, at least people have time to stop before they realize there is a big ramp (and it will have to be big to jump an overpass) in the middle of the frikkin road. Why don't you just find somebody's two story house, build a ramp and jump it? Then move up to 3 story, so on and so forth.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

If the cops catch you, don't forget to film that too. I want to see that most of all.

Probably the top pick is something brushless from Traxxas. A Bandit or Rustler might work well. Cost to speed ratio is going to be better than some of the top-end nitro touring cars.

Really, if your goal is just to destroy something, take a shotgun to it. Get a 10ga. side by side and give er' both barrels. Even if the interstate in Montana is a vacant as you say, all it takes is one unexpected car to potentially create a total disaster for you. Even Kartvader was a better idea than that.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 PM
The Mad Modder

If you've got nothing better to do with your money than destroy RCs with ludicrous stunts, you can mail it to me. I can guarantee you that it'd be put to better use.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Hibityhupla!

the goal is jumping the overpass...with what ive done/seen happen to these, the car getting destroyed is almost a definite..interstate would be my choice only because i would have to drive 8hrs just to find an overpass not on the interstate....not enough traffic to call for them anywhere near except for trains....like i said...its just an idea and it wouldn't happen without there being no traffic...might have to get a few more people and get everyone walkie talkies..lol

really guys? upset with ruining a $500 car? i got into rc's because my old hobby was much worse....it cost me around $1000 to rebuild my honda every time i blew it up...i could do that simply by running the NOS up to the governor...car would stall cause pre ignition and bang..done...not to mention the 10k that went into building it at first..the motors and clutches were way more then anything i do with these...these are just toys...who hasn't ruined a toy....every little boy gets an evil grin when he has a gi joe in one hand and a firecracker in the other..lol
Old 08-06-2009, 02:01 PM
heliguy4

I think that the whole idea is that we don't want one person ruining the entire industry for everyone. Could you imagine if someone was on the road and got hurt or killed and then made the news? This is sort of like another thread I just saw (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_88...tm.htm#8981786) about planes being banned in a park in FL due to someone who crashed their plane and cut the tree down to get it. I like the idea of jumping houses, or something like that, much safer. If you really want to do it, see if you can find someone who is a cop to help out with getting it done legally (if there is any way to do that).
Old 08-06-2009, 03:59 PM
The Hedgehog

What about possible damage to the 1:1 cars? If I ran over your r/c car in my real car and it flipped up and scratched or dented my car, I would not be happy, especially for how stupid the idea is.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:33 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well if to really want to do this then i'd recommend a VXL bandit. With a 3S lipo and a pinion gear change you can easily do 70+ mph. And they're reasonably cheap considering you're most likely gonna kill it.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Hibityhupla!

ORIGINAL: heliguy4

I think that the whole idea is that we don't want one person ruining the entire industry for everyone. Could you imagine if someone was on the road and got hurt or killed and then made the news? This is sort of like another thread I just saw (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_88...tm.htm#8981786) about planes being banned in a park in FL due to someone who crashed their plane and cut the tree down to get it. I like the idea of jumping houses, or something like that, much safer. If you really want to do it, see if you can find someone who is a cop to help out with getting it done legally (if there is any way to do that).
kinda why i only wanted to post about the vehicle i would need...not the jump...dont need help with the jump idea...maybe a little more planning and scouting of empty roads but thats getting away from the "real" question..which is "what vehicle can go at least 70mph+ and make one big jump without toasting the entire vehicle?"

really???? telling me that this will hurt the rc industry is like telling someone at a bar if he drives he's ruining the bar/automotive industry...or that the guy speeding or not stopping at a light will change our road laws......i call bs on that one...stupid actions our the fault of the people and change very little if anything......and just to quote myself again
" the only thing that will get hurt is the car...if it looks unsafe (any traffic) it wont happen "

soooo...can we get back to the vehicle now?
Old 08-14-2009, 01:20 PM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

The point is, we don't have too many laws that govern our ability to operate ground RC's. If something happens on the roads, then people will start to notice and RC's will start to get included in legislation. Which we don't want to happen. We are not saying it couldn't be done and yes, it would be awesome to see. If it's done legally and there is no chance of anyone getting injured/killed. Another question, what type of overpass is it? Who's to say a car isn't going to come over the overpass just as you're mid-jump and cause a major accident?
Old 08-14-2009, 02:22 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks for posting here to make your prosecution easier once you get caught!

Seriously, unless the road is officially closed, there is NO WAY to ensure you can do this safely. Quit while you're ahead.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:33 PM
On2_n_On4

ORIGINAL: BuzzBomber

Thanks for posting here to make your prosecution easier once you get caught!

lol [sm=biggrin.gif] [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-14-2009, 04:22 PM
The Mad Modder

I think that John had a good idea. a traxxas bandit is one of the cheapest things out there that will do the speeds that you want.

ORIGINAL: Hibityhupla!

kinda why i only wanted to post about the vehicle i would need...not the jump...dont need help with the jump idea...maybe a little more planning and scouting of empty roads but thats getting away from the ''real'' question..which is ''what vehicle can go at least 70mph+ and make one big jump without toasting the entire vehicle?''

really???? telling me that this will hurt the rc industry is like telling someone at a bar if he drives he's ruining the bar/automotive industry...or that the guy speeding or not stopping at a light will change our road laws......i call bs on that one...stupid actions our the fault of the people and change very little if anything

Actually they can change quite a lot. There are a lot of stupid people out there that are just looking for excuses to make more idiotic laws. Where I live, that guy who runs the lights got politicians thinking and now we have cameras being put up at a many stoplight intersections.[:@] So now even if someone were to accidentally run a light(it happens), they get caught by some snitch camera.[:'(]
Old 08-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Hibityhupla!

ORIGINAL: larryf333

The point is, we don't have too many laws that govern our ability to operate ground RC's. If something happens on the roads, then people will start to notice and RC's will start to get included in legislation. Which we don't want to happen. We are not saying it couldn't be done and yes, it would be awesome to see. If it's done legally and there is no chance of anyone getting injured/killed. Another question, what type of overpass is it? Who's to say a car isn't going to come over the overpass just as you're mid-jump and cause a major accident?
lol...good point...like i said..need a lot more planning.....maybe i can catch them while the roads are under construction and just work something out so there is some kind of traffic control....but in the end its just an idea ive always had while driving down the interstate.....stupid, yes but would look cool i think....unless i catch a perfect opportunity to do it the idea will stay an idea

another idea (but lots safer..lol)...this winter i plan on retiring my revo and getting a new one that was actually built brushless(not converted)...but before i do the poor little guys gotta be ruined..lol...sooooo im gonna jump it off a 200ft tall grain elevator.....i know...another stupid idea, but when was the last time you saw it? got every rpm part i could find on it(minus the truck nuts).. think it will live at all? whats the rules with breaking and getting replacements for rpm parts? lifetime warranty right? if they have any stipulations to it ill just swap back all the stock stuff first....i know im not using the lipo's (at that distance they would take damage and start the truck on fire) but do stick batteries have much breakage risk? should i just carry some baking soda to neutralize the acid if they do or is there fire risk for them too? at least on this one i will have control over who is there, where they are and no breaking any laws...its a start right? lol