Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Do you think 2 of these batteries will be enough to start an engine with a starter box?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Do you think 2 of these batteries will be enough to start an engine with a starter box?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Troopermanaic
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you think 2 of these batteries will be enough to start an engine with a starter box?

I just wanna get some cheap ones do you think 2 of these (my starter box takes 2 batteries) will make the rubber piece spin fast enough and have enough torque to start my engine?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJA83&P=0
Old 08-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Airbus 9e

Default RE: Do you think 2 of these batteries will be enough to start an engine with a starter box?

They will, but be ready to recharge them a lot....
Old 08-22-2009, 10:39 PM
OvalRacer99

Default RE: Do you think 2 of these batteries will be enough to start an engine with a starter box?

I use 2 1400 nicd's that are over 10 years old to start my Mammoth Pro with the .25 motor. I charge them in the morning and they are good to go all day.
I have gotten well over 10 starts on any given race day without needing a recharge.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Troopermanaic
My Feedback: (7)

I was just asking because I got a Venom 3300 nicd here and one really bad battery which came from a toys r us car and they cant start my buggy. I think its the toys r us battery thats doing it because the Venom is new and runs cars great.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:18 PM
OvalRacer99

It's best to get 2 that are close to the same as far as performance goes.
For a starter box, you don't really need top of the line batteries, cheaper packs will do.