Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Antenna?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:31 AM
pokaplaya22
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Antenna?

Hey all, just wanted to know how everyone is running their antenna. I recently installed a 2.4 Fasst system, and the wire cant reach out of the boat. Right now I have it out the top of the radio box, without the hatch cover. I would like to heep the hatch covered, but afraid it will affect reception, or will it? thanks
Old 09-07-2009, 08:53 AM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: Antenna?

i just put a small hole in the side of the radio box and let the wire hang out it, but still inside the boat under the hatch. then i put alittle sealant on the the hole to make it water tight. it seams to work fine for me
Old 09-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Jamming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: pokaplaya22

Hey all, just wanted to know how everyone is running their antenna. I recently installed a 2.4 Fasst system, and the wire cant reach out of the boat. Right now I have it out the top of the radio box, without the hatch cover. I would like to heep the hatch covered, but afraid it will affect reception, or will it? thanks
You will be fine running it under the hatch, the hatch is only a problem if the material is Carbon fiber. You can also purchase a longer antenna for the RX if you wish. The only part of the fasst antenna that gets the signal is the little exposed end. Not the whole antenna. Its a micro coaxial. The longer antenna just presses into place on the RX. Be sure and set-up your fail safe on the radio correctly. I have mine set to kill the engine and run straight if the signal is lost.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:38 AM
pokaplaya22

Thanks for the replies, I will try with the hatch, and hopefully that will keep some excess water out.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:38 PM
SUPER-V

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've run the antenna of the 2.4 Futaba sealed in the radio box , with the hatch on all my boats and I can run the boat almost out of sight with no problems . Alway's set your failsafe and make sure all your batteries are fully charged. This is one of the great features of the 2.4 Futaba radio , awsome range.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:49 PM
pokaplaya22

Wow, thats good to know, I use a spektrum in my 1/5 MT, and they advise that at least the antenna is exposed a little. Yesterday was my first run with the Futaba, as well as the boat, Im learning slowly, all in all I had a good day out, just a throttle servo failure that stalled my boat 100 feet out[sm=drowning.gif]