Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Futaba Transmitter

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Futaba Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 12:28 PM
klugej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Transmitter

Hi. I am new to gas boating. I am running a 50" Hydroplane from Dragon Hobby. During my last attempt to run this boat i notice that the servo's (throttle and steering) will not respond. Batteries are good. The transmitter is a Hcl Jt-1-TR.. Any ideas on where to start the troubleshooting process. The other problem i have with this boat is that there is no cooling when running. There are two water pick-ups, one on the rudder and the other at the stern. The boat has no water pump. I am guessing they are relying on movement of the boat to circulate the water. I hope I am clear on describing the issues.
Thanks
Old 09-11-2009, 12:47 PM
mymammushouse

Default RE: Futaba Transmitter

could be some interference. idk
Old 09-11-2009, 03:20 PM
pokaplaya22
My Feedback: (22)

Do you have limited range, interference, or no movement at all? Inteference=Make sure you use a resistor spark plug.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:16 PM
dicko

Also check your on/off switch, have you tried plugging the battery straight into the reciever?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Dan S

how old is the radio system?
reason I ask is I can't find any info with that number.

as for the water pickups, yes you have to be moving at least at high idle for water to go through.

Dan.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:54 PM
klugej

Thanks for your help. When I turn the switch on i can hear the servo's zero'ing themselves and then that is it. The transmitter does not recognize the boat. This rig is no more than 6 months old.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:22 PM
dicko

Is it a 2.4Ghz radio? If so you may need to re-bind the transmitter to the receiver.

Has the receiver been wet?

Are the batteries charged? Sometimes with flat batteries there is enough to zero the servos & that is it.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I think that what you have there is known more as a Futaba Magnum Sport AM radio system, their bottom-of-the-line radio. Those are not a good choice for any gas powered boat.

Yes, the boat has to be moving in the water to get water flowing through the cooling system. Don't try to run it any longer than you have to without water or else you'll be out buying lots of new parts like an engine.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:52 PM
klugej

Gentlemen, thanks for all your help. I think i found my problem, when I unplugged the servo's from the receiver and then plugged them back into the receiver then it would work. I ran the boat but stopped in the middle of the lake. I played with the connections then it would run again but then stop. I think i will have to do a better job to clean these connections. Is this type of receiver noted for this issue with connections. I am not sure if that compartment is totally water tight because i see some mold growing in there. Should the cover be removed after using the boat.
I still do not have any water circulating through the motor when running, how difficult would it be to add a water pump. The boat does have a clutch.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Dan S

if you have mold growing inside the radio box imagine what it may look like inside your servo's and receiver.

yes, you need to let the radio box open at the end of the day.

Dan.