Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Electric Starters????

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 05:07 PM
howiedog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Starters????

Hi - I am a proud Savage owner but am considering buying a second car/truck. I am currently looking at the Traxxas Nitro 4-TEC and the HPI RS4. I have seen many comparisons between these 2 cars and really like the HPI product BUT........I definitely want an electric starter. Are there any aftermarket electric starters for the RS4? Any suggestions???? The electric start alone is making me lean towards the Traxxas. Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:21 AM
Eugoogoly

Do you want to race? if so read on.

the traxxas 4 tec should be a definite no. IMO they are no good, the electric starter is not great as there are more parts to replace and a higher cost if things go wrong and it also adds extra weight to the car. A pull start will last forever if looked after properly and the engine does start easily with one if its tuned well.
if you are looking to race the rs4 3 is a good beginner car and can take heavy knocks and bangs with little damage.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:03 AM
studysession

Do not go with the 4-Tec. You will regret it.

I like the HPI cars - My prefered car is the TC3. I have seen some websited advertise electric starter for a lot of different motors.

Have you done any google searches for something that will work for HPI motors?
Old 07-04-2003, 08:37 AM
Eugoogoly

or you could use a box starter for non pullstart engines
Old 07-04-2003, 11:42 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Yeah man forget that electric start.

Get a TC3 if your gonna upgrade and stuff. Or if your just gonna bash around for some fun, get the HPI.

If your serious about racing.. I think he MT12 motor wll make a worthy addition!

4Tec? Forget it! lol

ram
Old 07-07-2003, 09:45 PM
howiedog

Default Found My Answer!

HPI just announced today that they are now selling a Rotostart system to work on the RS4 cars. I was told it would be available within the week or two. That answer my questions - HPI all the way.