Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Quickdraw MOTOR??

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Quickdraw MOTOR??

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Wiseco80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quickdraw MOTOR??

I just got a quickdraw motor for 125$ with motor mount and pipe motor just need a new sleeve and piston. good Price??? the guy i got it from said it a 25cc but i want to know how can i tell if its a high torque 25cc
Old 11-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Scott Schneider

Default RE: Quickdraw MOTOR??

Start by showing us a picture of exhaust side of engine ... and if taken apart, a few pics of the guts.

HT's use the zenoah piston, other versions a billet piston.

ALL the newer engine have the crank seals on external plates, earlier engine use press in seals within the primary crank cases
Old 11-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Wiseco80

goin on a Sprintcat
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24789.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1307818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69306.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1307819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr40476.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	1307820  
Old 11-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Hesco Racing

Looking at all the rust that motor has some serious hours on it. Or it has never seen some WD 40 sprayed onto it.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:02 PM
glennb2006

Not sure it has the correct carb on it, no QD I have seen has the choked carb. Might get away with it though, take the choke flap and shaft out, block the holes and smooth them all off.

Enjoy.

Glenn
Old 11-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Tahoe1970

It's a 644 carb with the choke removed.....Great running carb on those motors. Even though the engine may need a sleeve and piston.....or even a new crank , Thats a great deal for that price.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:50 PM
glennb2006

ORIGINAL: Tahoe1970

It's a 644 carb with the choke removed.....Great running carb on those motors. Even though the engine may need a sleeve and piston.....or even a new crank , Thats a great deal for that price.

Hi there Wally,

yep, a bargain for sure, but the choke is still there.....

Glenn
Old 11-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Scott Schneider

Share another photo with exhaust manifold removed, can't see what I need to see with it there

Another shot looking at the pto end too ....
Old 11-05-2009, 09:48 AM
bermy100plus

There isn't much rust on your motor and from my experience the little bit of rust that is on there can be just from sitting up for a while,even after you have sprayed WD40 on there! WD40 does dry up!!! I will definitely change that pipe for starters,get a hot pipe. And secondly,change the carb! Other than that motor looks good,i only saw rust on small bolts anyway. The coil can be changed if that little bit of rust bothers you.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:37 AM
quickdraw

looks like might be a HR if the timing is in the right set of holes? Look in the exhaust port and see if it has a flat top piston or a domed top? Flat top will be a Hi Rev motor and the domed will be a Zenoah piston meaning it is a high torque. Be careful though as some people put Zenoah pistons in Hi Rev liners. Take a look at t he intake port and see if it has a bridge that looks like a tear drop hanging from the top of the roof or not? If it does and has a flat top piston in it? Than it is a Hi Rev motor. High Torque engines will have an intake bridge from the roof that kinda looks like this: \___/. Also check for warped iso block and also check that the carb bolts do not go all the wat through the iso block and smash into the cylinder. I get a lot of old motors in where the carb screws are too long and dig into the aluminum. Bottom end is a four bearing bottom end so this is a good thing. Those are Speed World mounts and make sure you have good clearance around the source coil. Since Zenoah does not have an adjustable timing setup like we do. They were not made to clear the source coil when you move it to the middle set of holes. This is 5 Deg. advance which the Hi Rev motors like. On the motors I have put together with the mounts. I have had to grind them heavily to clear the coil. As far as needing a piston and liner? What is wrng with yours? We do have oversizes available I can hone them to if it is a true Hi Rev engine? I would call me at the shop and make it easier for you and we can go over it better.

Todd

Quickdraw

530-938-2485
Old 11-19-2009, 02:18 AM
monza

I run 2 QD HT and hands down no BS these are the single best engines i ever had. ultra Fast, ultra reliable>>>> gotta love them and yes, you got yourself a awesome deal mate.