Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Premix gas life

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Premix gas life

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Premix gas life

ORIGINAL: Nosedragger
If you aren't going to listen, you aren't going to get any help.
Nah, I don't perceive it to be that way. A lot of us were a bit skeptical at first about listening to those with more experience and trying new techniques. When its in print from the manufactuer, its hard to be persuaded elsewhere. Been there, done that - advice heeded.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Jon DesJardins

Look it up yourself.
See people like you are the ones who turn people away from asking questions, thanks for the incredibly uninformative post sir.
I talked to an engine builder and was given advice and I'm supposed to listen somebody online that I know nothing about and just tosses in their 2 cents about how they are right?

I simply asked for the link to this info and you opened your mouth and poop fell out.
I looked and it seems lots of your posts to others are full of this type of **** , so thank you for the info and I will search for the tests...etc without your intelligence.

Gooooood job [:'(]

ORIGINAL: Doubledog

Nah, I don't perceive it to be that way. A lot of us were a bit skeptical at first about listening to those with more experience and trying new techniques. When its in print from the manufactuer, its hard to be persuaded elsewhere. Been there, done that - advice heeded.
It's all good, it's just funny when somebody states it is their first boat and are a newbie claiming to know nothing about the topic and them somebody comes in a pisses in my cheerios.
Oh well, internet is full of them and I guess if I run a minimum of 6oz per gallon I won't get flamed on the internet. [:@]
Old 11-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Its hard to see a newbie go down the same paths / mistakes have been made on and then question it. Don't let it bother you. Hang in there.

Back on point:
Its not that expensive to buy a gallon each time out. Whats not been used after a couple of weeks, pour it in your car. Btw, got any ideas for painting a hydro?
Old 11-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Jon DesJardins

ORIGINAL: Doubledog

Its hard to see a newbie go down the same paths mistakes have been made on and then question it. Don't let it bother you. Hang in there.

Back on point:
Its not that expensive to buy a gallon each time out. Whats not been used after a couple of weeks, pour it in your car. Btw, got any ideas for painting a hydro?
Oh I don't take it to heart when the internet gets squirly, I just keep looking for the info.
seems most people use at least 6oz per gallon with the box stock Zenoah and haven't had any issues so I'll probably toss in a bit more to see how I like it on my own.

Hydro airbrush? I love the redbull paintjobs even though they are a bit overplayed
Old 11-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Nosedragger

See people like you are the ones who turn people away from asking questions, thanks for the incredibly uninformative post sir.
I talked to an engine builder and was given advice and I'm supposed to listen somebody online that I know nothing about and just tosses in their 2 cents about how they are right?

I simply asked for the link to this info and you opened your mouth and poop fell out.
I looked and it seems lots of your posts to others are full of this type of **** , so thank you for the info and I will search for the tests...etc without your intelligence.

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Jon DesJardins

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.
Please look back your your post and mine as I asked questions only and you put negativity to my thread because of a reason I still can't see.
I will resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in my threads, and much apologies to anyone that might have been offended.

Thanks so much, lets get the thread back on topic for anyone who wants to give advice on their experiences with a box stock Zenoah
Old 11-20-2009, 12:25 AM
danielplace

Spoolinaw, I can say that you have been more than respectful and I do understand your hesitation to just oil down your fuel mix for no apparent reason especially when the engine manufacturer and a well known engine builder and distributor says 6oz. or even 4 oz. is plenty. I am just trying to convince you that more is better with little reason not to use more. I can also understand the need for hard data before you can be swayed and that is great and understandable also. I really don't have any proof to show you but can tell you I have used a GPS to test the oil mixtures before and you had to go to almost 13oz. before it really was measurably slower and yes 10oz. was measurably faster than 6oz. We are only talking a mile per hour so I have chosen to keep it at 10oz. because I have to believe it has saved me a time or two because no matter how well you check your boat before it goes in things happen. We have an old saying "if it's gonna happen it's gonna happen out there". If checking it before hand was a guarrantee it will be fine till it comes back I would never need to replace any thing that breaks wouldn't that be nice.

I commend you for being patient, listening, and keeping it civil. Really only trying to help you. Not trying to waste your oil or make your boat slow.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:09 AM
Jon DesJardins

ORIGINAL: danielplace

Spoolinaw, I can say that you have been more than respectful and I do understand your hesitation to just oil down your fuel mix for no apparent reason especially when the engine manufacturer and a well known engine builder and distributor says 6oz. or even 4 oz. is plenty. I am just trying to convince you that more is better with little reason not to use more. I can also understand the need for hard data before you can be swayed and that is great and understandable also. I really don't have any proof to show you but can tell you I have used a GPS to test the oil mixtures before and you had to go to almost 13oz. before it really was measurably slower and yes 10oz. was measurably faster than 6oz. We are only talking a mile per hour so I have chosen to keep it at 10oz. because I have to believe it has saved me a time or two because no matter how well you check your boat before it goes in things happen. We have an old saying ''if it's gonna happen it's gonna happen out there''. If checking it before hand was a guarrantee it will be fine till it comes back I would never need to replace any thing that breaks wouldn't that be nice.

I commend you for being patient, listening, and keeping it civil. Really only trying to help you. Not trying to waste your oil or make your boat slow.
Thanks, I appreciate your comments and info.

I went ahead and changed my 4oz mix to an almost 6oz mix and Sunday the boat will go back out.
I will see how everything goes and post up any difference in engine temps, residue build....etc after about 2-3 tanks worth.

Thanks again Daniel