Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

pilot rc yak 54

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 02:07 PM
mike07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pilot rc yak 54

does anyone have the pilot yak 54 50cc airplane i am looking at buying one but i can't find any info on rcu about them if anyone is flying one can u post so thought about the plane thanks
Old 11-28-2009, 02:55 PM
hanko

Default RE: pilot rc yak 54

The pilot line is a spinoff from SD, TOC, TT TOC. Some of the people left SD and started there own Co. There are many similarties between the two. I believe Troy Built is the only distributor in the USA but that could have changed. They are a very fine ARF, one of the best out there, If I were to buy another 50cc yak I would probably go with the pilot. My SD is still hangin in there. A good friend od mine bought one so I saw it through construction, very nice well built kit. They should come in arounf 16.5 lbs with a DA, or DL 50.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:59 PM
mike07

does it have in foam in it i know the hanger 9 carden yak 54has foam in the fuse and foam core wings but that is a great flying plane i have flowen one but have not flown a pilot or have seen one so i am asking question before i buy
Old 11-28-2009, 11:41 PM
hanko

Only foam is the under the sheeting on the turtle deck. none in the wings or stabs
Old 11-29-2009, 03:00 AM
richie5150

JUST GO TO www.troybuiltmodels.com OR www.pilot-rc.com AND YOU SHOULD GET MOST OF THE INFO YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. HOMES TO QUITE A FEW TOP-SHELF AIRPLANES AND HARDWARE. THIS IS THE GOOD STUFF !!!