Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Nitrotruxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New please help

Have done rc airplanes for years now my sons want nitro trucks.They areinterested in the himoto viper truck or the acme t-purple monster truck.. Would greatly appreciate any feedback that anyone can give me</p>
Old 11-27-2009, 12:21 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New please help

Go with the 2 speed viper x2s, i havent changed a thing since we had it last year

Here are a couple of video's of us running it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd_ukK0znfw[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-BkK9Hjj3U[/youtube]
and our track video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1hLg-V7rJ4[/youtube]
Old 11-27-2009, 12:24 PM
kuppler

the Viper 2s is a killer truck...
Old 11-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Nitrotruxx

http://www.rctoyhouse.com/gas/rc_nitro_truck_viper.html

is the one i was looking at. Well one of my kids were

http://www.rctoyhouse.com/gas/rc_nit...monstertp.html

is the other. Where do i find the x2s
Old 11-27-2009, 01:06 PM
ehroof

We have both of them, I dont know much about acme's stuff.  The viper you posted is an older single speed model that has been around a few years, its a good truck also just the x2s is a newer version.

http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...=1282&amp;=SID

http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...d=398&amp;=SID
Old 11-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Nitrotruxx

ORIGINAL: HimotoRacingUSA

We have both of them, I dont know much about acme's stuff. The viper you posted is an older single speed model that has been around a few years, its a good truck also just the x2s is a newer version.

http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...=1282&amp;=SID

http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...d=398&amp;=SID

Thats awesome thank you very muchi will definately buy from your store.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:17 PM
ehroof

Your welcome, you dont have to buy from us, I just suggest you get a himoto because we have a great support system here on rcu, thru emails etc.  We have a big happy family here!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Nitrotruxx

Your welcome, you dont have to buy from us, I just suggest you get a himoto because we have a great support system here on rcu, thru emails etc. We have a big happy family here!!!

Ya i know i dont have to but everywhere else all i found was the early models not the latest stuff.. On top of that really appreciate the help and feedback. i think i picked out both trucks i wanna get for my boys, thanks again..

Oh and are parts easy (relatively quick) to get for them?

Edit: sorry 1 more question any feedback on http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...?id=1&amp;=SID
Old 11-27-2009, 01:38 PM
ehroof

We stock all the parts and if for some reason we run out or are about to run out, we have weekly shipments from Hong Kong on the parts. The mxt you posted is a great truck but we only have the upgrade version available right now, the upgrade comes with all the aluminum upgrades on it already, it well worth the money if you just price out the upgrades that are on it, the mxt-2s is out of stock in the States.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Redharris

I can Confirm that Parts are Always Available,,,,,Lol,,,I break a lot of Stuff

Shipping from HimotoRacingUSA is always Fast!
Old 11-27-2009, 05:30 PM
firebeast

fast it is! I got an order in 3 business days, minus the holiday.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:19 AM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

One quick thought - the trucks sit up kind of high and generally seem to have stiffer suspensions. They have more of a tendency to roll over. Personally, I would think about a buggy (MXB or Syclone) or truggy (MTR) for kids. They are more stable I believe. I like center diff (MXB-3 or MTR-3) since it is more nimble. But if speed is your goal (which it often will be if you are bashing around the yard and stuff), then look for a 2 speed (MXB-2S, Syclone Pro, MTR-2S). If you want a truck, I think the X2S is a good choice. A buddy at work has one and loves it. Really quick and really durable. I have not seen an MXT in person, but the people that have them seem to really like them. I think they are the same general design as the MXB and MTR, but they are 1/8 and have a bigger engine. Of course, you can not beat the RX series (RXB buggy and RXT truggy) if you want something more race ready.

Good luck and have fun!
Old 11-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Nitrotruxx

ORIGINAL: bkfamily1

One quick thought - the trucks sit up kind of high and generally seem to have stiffer suspensions. They have more of a tendency to roll over. Personally, I would think about a buggy (MXB or Syclone) or truggy (MTR) for kids. They are more stable I believe. I like center diff (MXB-3 or MTR-3) since it is more nimble. But if speed is your goal (which it often will be if you are bashing around the yard and stuff), then look for a 2 speed (MXB-2S, Syclone Pro, MTR-2S). If you want a truck, I think the X2S is a good choice. A buddy at work has one and loves it. Really quick and really durable. I have not seen an MXT in person, but the people that have them seem to really like them. I think they are the same general design as the MXB and MTR, but they are 1/8 and have a bigger engine. Of course, you can not beat the RX series (RXB buggy and RXT truggy) if you want something more race ready.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for the imput im gonna check out a few more avenues but i think my kids are stuck on a truck
Old 11-28-2009, 12:17 PM
ehroof

If its for a kid and their first nitro, stick with 1/10,  something like the viper xst or the viper x2s would be best, it can be used on or off road, sometimes a buggy is a little low and doesnt work well in taller grass.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Swamp3r

+1 on that the Viper is a great choice for a first rc I love mine
Old 11-29-2009, 07:56 PM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

If its for a kid and their first nitro, stick with 1/10, something like the viper xst or the viper x2s would be best, it can be used on or off road, sometimes a buggy is a little low and doesnt work well in taller grass.
good point, Eddie - I wasn't thinking about ground clearance - with that in mind, I like the X2S
Old 11-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Nitrotruxx

If its for a kid and their first nitro, stick with 1/10, something like the viper xst or the viper x2s would be best, it can be used on or off road, sometimes a buggy is a little low and doesnt work well in taller grass.

mmmm makes sence, after doing a lot of looking im thinkin a red and a blue x2s will be perfect.. Would i need to buy a starter kit or does it come with it?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:38 AM
ehroof

you would need to buy it seperate, once you get the starter kit you will need fuel and 8aa batteries.