Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Power HD servos?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Bass1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power HD servos?

Anyone using Power HD servos? If so, How are they holding up?
Old 10-28-2009, 05:36 AM
SENZA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power HD servos?

I haven't used them yet but i intend too, if their good enough for these guys their good enough for me [link=http://www.wildharerc.com/html/prices.html]WILDHARE[/link] AND [link=http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/category/SEPO/Power-HD-Servos.html]TBM MODELS[/link]
Old 10-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Bass1

Wow, They must be good.. no complaints at all !!
Old 10-31-2009, 05:55 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

not really a complaint, but you get what you pay for.they seem to have some back and fourth movement in the shaft like the bearing is lose,they seam to center well.
after seeing them on my buddies plane i will just stick with what i am using now.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:19 AM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

I have several of them in my H-9 Carden Yak. They seem to perform well. No centering problems, and plenty strong. Good value for the $$.
zx32tt
Old 11-16-2009, 10:02 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

i've had the 9150's on for better than 6 months ....very good so far...
Old 11-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Andrew_S
My Feedback: (12)

I have a 9150 that performs good, no problems...tbm discontinued selling it, not sure why....Tried some 120's and sent them back for they were junk. One failed on the ground while I was taxiing out to take off......I see they have some analogs rated at 284 oz???
Old 11-21-2009, 01:31 PM
rchusker
My Feedback: (24)

I flew some in a 50cc all summer and I will not continue using them. They have a fair amount of slop to begin with and where they are now I can move the surfaces about 10 degrees or more in either direction when the power is on. They do center very well which is the only compliment I can give them. There is no way they have the torque they claim. I get aileron blowback(rolls are slower on high rate 45 degrees of throw than mid rate with about 30) on a plane with the suggested requirement of just 180oz of torque. They might be ok for getting a plane in the air cheaply but I am not going to bother with them anymore. I flew with these servos well over 100 flights and as time went by they got so sloppy that I did not feel that it was safe to use them anymore and yanked them out of that plane. Can't beat them for $30...but I would rather spend $80 per servo for piece of mind.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:04 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: rchusker

I flew some in a 50cc all summer and I will not continue using them. They have a fair amount of slop to begin with and where they are now I can move the surfaces about 10 degrees or more in either direction when the power is on. They do center very well which is the only compliment I can give them. There is no way they have the torque they claim. I get aileron blowback(rolls are slower on high rate 45 degrees of throw than mid rate with about 30) on a plane with the suggested requirement of just 180oz of torque. They might be ok for getting a plane in the air cheaply but I am not going to bother with them anymore. I flew with these servos well over 100 flights and as time went by they got so sloppy that I did not feel that it was safe to use them anymore and yanked them out of that plane. Can't beat them for $30...but I would rather spend $80 per servo for piece of mind.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Jerry_Hailey

I have lost two in flight. I lost the first HD9150 on a 100cc yak. Each flight the elevator trim was off on one side. I re-centered a couple of times before I found that the one of the gears was slipping. I took the servo apart and found that they just press the main gear on to the motor shaft. This one was slipping.

I still used them on the ailerons on my 100cc Jtec Extra. I lost one servo in flight. It started pulling hard to the left after a left turn and hard to the right after a right turn. I landed and found that one of the servos would only go up and would not come back to center. I replaced all 4 of the HD9150 servos. I won't use them again.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Bass1

tbm discontinued selling it, not sure why....
Probably for the above reasons
Old 12-01-2009, 06:44 PM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

I agree with the blowback issue. I have a slick 50 and the roll rate is terrible at a higher flying speed . I going back to Hitec for next flying season