Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

front steering servo Rockslide

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

front steering servo Rockslide

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 10:52 PM
wyorockcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front steering servo Rockslide

brand new, 10 min easy driving and front steering quits working take servo apart just to look at thinking stripped gears, not the case put backe together and works fine. little later it did it again, havent done anything yet again. Just wondering if anyone knows why its doing this or what i need to do. thanks
Old 12-18-2009, 09:27 AM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: front steering servo Rockslide

When it stops, listen to the servo, what sound does it make when you try to move it? If it doesn't make any sound, the connector may be loose on the receiver terminals.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:05 AM
wyorockcrazy

i can hear it making sound, sounds like it wants to work but just not making contact with other gears i guess</p>
Old 12-18-2009, 12:50 PM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: wyorockcrazy

i can hear it making sound, sounds like it wants to work but just not making contact with other gears i guess</p>
None of the gears are chipped?
Old 12-18-2009, 04:44 PM
wyorockcrazy

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

None of the gears are chipped?
its almost like the little tiny gear that stays in the servo "drive gear" i guess falls down a bit or something, i think i just kind of pushed it back in to get it to work, what ever it was i didnt do much or anything at all the first time other than take off bottom part where gears are and put back together. Havnt been brave enough to try to get inside the main servo compartment yet, dont really know what to expect.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:30 PM
The Mad Modder

its almost like the little tiny gear that stays in the servo ''drive gear'' i guess falls down a bit or something, i think i just kind of pushed it back in to get it to work, what ever it was i didnt do much or anything at all the first time other than take off bottom part where gears are and put back together. Havnt been brave enough to try to get inside the main servo compartment yet, dont really know what to expect.
That doesn't sound good. I'd contact redcat about it to see if they'll replace it. If they don't, you might consider upgrading the servo to a Hitec one. Futaba and Airtronics servos are pretty good too.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:24 AM
BADASSPONY

Im sure Redcat will help you, they did when one of my knuckles broke right out of the box. As mentioned you will want to upgrade you steering servo asap. You will want one with atleast 200oz of torque.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:22 PM
wyorockcrazy

the rear servo has also done the same thing allready, i will have to contact redcat and see. thanks for the info on servo,, i will have to look into pricing or any info on where to do all of my parts shopping would be great, i assume i would not have to get this bigger servo from redcat or might i have to do some modifications to get it to work, as far as bolting it on?