Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

FibaFilm?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Deerslayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FibaFilm?

Who has used it?

Is it the same as MicaFilm?

Where is it available?

Old 01-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Ralph78

Default RE: FibaFilm?

ORIGINAL: Deerslayer

Who has used it?

Is it the same as MicaFilm?

Where is it available?

I have used FibaFilm on one plane. I do have a large stock of Micafilm and have used it extensively. I believe FibaFilm is very close to Micafilm.

When applying Micafilm or FibaFilm use SIG StixIt. NOT Balsarite. I believe Balsarite has been reformulated sometime in the past 10 years, and now will turn brown within a year of application, so I have used SIG StixIt for the past 6 years and haven't have any issues with it.

Ralph
Old 01-10-2010, 06:19 AM
Deerslayer

Default RE: FibaFilm?

Thanks for the info!

A couple years ago, I covered my Senior Telemaster with clear Micafilm - the last I had. Since then, my plane has taken on a rather unwelcome "aged" look, i.e., there are many areas of brown, just like you said. Now I know that there is a Balsarite issue, I at least feel a bit better.

My other favorite covering is 21st Century fabric. but I just bought some more, and was absolutely astounded at the price, so I guess I will move away from that, from now on. As well, their Red has some major production/quality problems - I have sent back several rolls over the years, due to blotches, and other quality control issues.