Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Few SCX10 questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 11:05 PM
it8ezbngrn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few SCX10 questions

I am wanting to build a scale rock racer /crawler. I have a 1:1 jeep and its not a rock buggy. Looking to reproduce its performance in a scale R/C, at least as far as gearing. I'm torn between the Honch and the RTR. I'm not concerned about keeping the electronics. I would like a to mount a jeep body on the chassis. I do like the bumbers of the RTR.

I already have a Futaba 3PM 2.4Ghz, Hitec 645MG, 7.4 Lipo and a couple of 8.4 Nimhs and a 17 turn motor. I also have a Losi MRC with a holmes hobbies motor and a Tekin FX-R

So Since I want a rock racer, what is a good motor ESC combo? Massive torq is not what I'm going for. I would like some speed to. I'm thinking of using a 27T motor maybe a 35T. Tekin FXR or a Rooster. Maybe even a LRP brushless combo. Thoughts?

Also which SCX10? Buy the Honcho and sell the body for a jeep one or buy the RTR dingo and sell the electronics then buy the aluminum links. Which is cheaper over all? How much is it for the links?

On all the SCX10 models is the battery mounted up front? IS it best to use a lighet lipo? More true to life weight distrobution?
Old 01-18-2010, 01:20 AM
amec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Few SCX10 questions

I use this combo in my AX10, still plenty of torque but with decent wheels speed as well. Playing with pinion size would add more speed also.

http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=5421

and this speedy

http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=7188

Adam