Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Axe CPv3 Tail Motor Problems..Please Help!

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Axe CPv3 Tail Motor Problems..Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:11 PM
FBodyexpert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axe CPv3 Tail Motor Problems..Please Help!

So I have an AXE CPv3 that I recieved as a gift for x-mas this year, and so far, I have definitely fallen in love with it, until now. If anyone has any insight at all please help!

Here's the problem:
I was flying my axe in a stable hover about 15 feet high and out of nowhere, the tail rotor flew off sending the heli into a spin, but I was able to set her down undamaged. I pressed the tail rotor back on and flew out the rest of the battery with no issues. Then after charging her back up, went to fly and the the tail motor wouldn't spool back up. I checked the resistance on the motor and it was way high leading me to believe the motor was dead. so I replaced it with the eflite cp pro n60 tail motor, which, according to the threads I've read on here, is the same motor. Now, when I plug in the battery, with the idle up switch set to NORMAL, and the throttle stick all the way down, the tail motor instantly switches on at full power....What the heck? I haven't touched anything other than to replace the tail motor. And the leads are soldered in the right spots.

Has anybody else seen this problem before, or does anyone know whats going on?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Daddy B

Default RE: Axe CPv3 Tail Motor Problems..Please Help!

It sounds like your 3-in1 gyro ESC unit. I am only guessing, based on your tail acting wacky and it still getting power. You may want to check the three adjustment pots. I will warn you, when you start adjusting them, free up your schedule for the day, they are a bear to get right.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:34 PM
FBodyexpert

Default RE: Axe CPv3 Tail Motor Problems..Please Help!

Thats my fear. Any one else have an idea?