Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tools

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 09:29 AM
kikzen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tools

Hi

I have never done anything with RC before but im getting bored so i fancy something new.

i was considering a tamiya kit and i can pretty much work out the extra stuff i need to go with it(radio etc).

The problem though, is what would I need to actually build the thing ? What tools and stuff ?

Could someone give me a decent list (with prices plz) of most things i would need to build an electric rc.

(ps use english shops if you can ? maplin.co.uk for example. if you cant, just give me the price in dollar !)

cheers :]
Old 07-14-2003, 11:56 AM
Billiam411

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tools

If the name has "kit" in it, you need to build it. All you would really need is assorted screw drivers, and a hobby knife. You'll also need some paint for the body if it comes unpainted. To get it going, you'll need: (USD)
motor-$30-50
ESC-$50-120
Radio-$50-300
All of the above range in prices and features. It depends on what type of car, and if you'll be racing or bashing. Racing, you should get a higher quality radio, along with ESC, and you might-as-well get a better motor, so it really depends
Old 07-14-2003, 01:31 PM
kikzen

Default Tools

Originally posted by Billiam411
If the name has "kit" in it, you need to build it. All you would really need is assorted screw drivers, and a hobby knife. You'll also need some paint for the body if it comes unpainted. To get it going, you'll need: (USD)
motor-$30-50
ESC-$50-120
Radio-$50-300
All of the above range in prices and features. It depends on what type of car, and if you'll be racing or bashing. Racing, you should get a higher quality radio, along with ESC, and you might-as-well get a better motor, so it really depends
yeah but what TYPES of screwdrivers and stuff. i can manage with the radio and that - its just the little things, you know ?
Old 07-14-2003, 03:51 PM
Billiam411

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tools

hexwrenches, and phillips (+)
Old 07-18-2003, 06:52 PM
soft top

Default Tools

hi most tools needed are allen keys (some times supplyed with kit )philips screwdrivers ,flat blade screwdriver ,sidecutters ,pliers,and craft knife ,some kits are ready to run needing very little if any putting togeather,if you are unsure just pop in to your local model shop and have a chat with them