Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

tail boom removal on CPV3

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

tail boom removal on CPV3

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 06:16 PM
snobelt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tail boom removal on CPV3

I have removed the four screws on the frame and the boom still won't budge. Even a pliers won't turn it - it just wants to crush the tube. It must be glued in. How do I get it out without destroying the frame? Thanks.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:46 PM
dragus359
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: tail boom removal on CPV3

Hopefully someone else has better advice, but when I did it, I used regular pliers (not needle-nose). I placed the tube in the oval-ish region of the piers, and moved the pliers as close to the tail boom clamp as possible. I then closed the pliers around the tube so that the "teeth" in the oval region would clamp down, and that caused a slight depression of that region on the tube. Having done this as well as having loosened the screws, the oval region of the pliers had enough grip to allow me to twist off the tail boom. I do believe I was able to continue using the tail boom afterwards; however I had to replace it after a violent crash. Anyway, this is probably the easiest way to take the tail boom off, but doing it this way will leave a dent and some scratches on your tail boom.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:52 PM
snobelt

Dragus - Okay, thanks for the response. I didn't try to twist very hard. I was worried the frame might break but since it worked for you - what the heck. The existing boom is only slightly bent (no kinks) and as long as it still works I think I'll use it. But if I ever need to replace it, now I know how - just force it. I've had the CP for a year and have not had a bad crash (yet) but I intend to push it a bit this summer. I've been on the sim for two years and still haven't had the guts to really wring out this heli. So here goes nothing. I'll probably be asking for lots of repair advice in the future.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:02 PM
dragus359
My Feedback: (1)

No problem. Be sure to exercise caution when forcing things, and you should be fine.