Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Spec class spring mods.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:49 AM
mrwendal6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec class spring mods.

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><font face="Calibri">I&rsquo;m new to the world of RC and I&rsquo;m racing a 2 wheel drive Slash in a on/off road spec class. I&rsquo;m trying to lower the front end of the slash 1/4&rdquo; to 1/2&rdquo; while using the stock setup and springs. Is<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>there an easy way to lower the ride height of the stock springs while firming them up slightly? I had initially thought about heating them up but couldn&rsquo;t figure out an easy way to do this without causing pain to myself in the process and controlling amount of lowering. Second thought was to cut out a couple of turns from the springs but I wasn&rsquo;t sure how it would make the car handle in the end.<o></o></font></p>
Old 03-22-2010, 12:28 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Spec class spring mods.

You want to disassemble the shock and put 1/4 to 1/2 inch of fuel tubing on the shock shaft INSIDE the shock body under the piston. This will shorten them up a little and because they are progressive rate they will get into the stiffer part of the spring faster.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:21 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, fuel tubing is the way its done. I throw a washer on with the fuel tubing though. You can also use the associated nylon spacers.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:29 PM
mrwendal6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awsome guys. Simple and reversable!

This is going to be the second thing I do when I get home.</p>