Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I love my slash 4x4 but need advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 08:07 AM
atraumanurse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love my slash 4x4 but need advice

Me and my wife bought 2 slash 4x4's about 2 mnths ago. We did not know anything about rc cars at the time and bought them because they looked cool. We now devote our extra time to learning to race short track. We raced some experinced drivers on half speed and was holding our own. Through help on the traxxas site we are very close to setting up our cars for the conditions we will be racing at. We have fallen in love witht thisi great hobby. Now I need this boards help. We go to the track and spend most of the day there. What we want is another car to use while letting the motor cool or while batteries are charging. We are looking for a car that meets the following conditions

1 Below 180 bucks
2 that is great for bashing and jumping
3 that uses batteries
4 parts readily available
5 can be a kit, new or used

We want to use our slash just for racing so we want something just for the fun of it.
if possible you can use a link to a hobby shop online or ebay. Let me know how it would fit our needs
Thanks in advance and will let you know what what we picked as suggestions come in
Old 03-24-2010, 08:49 AM
teacher brent

Default RE: I love my slash 4x4 but need advice

I say Traxxas Stampede. Wheelies and jumps like mad and uses the same batts as your Slashes. Easy to love and easy to upgrade. You can let friends drive it and not thrash your racer.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:54 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: teacher brent

I say Traxxas Stampede. Wheelies and jumps like mad and uses the same batts as your Slashes. Easy to love and easy to upgrade. You can let friends drive it and not thrash your racer.
agree traxxas stampede xl5
theres also the Rustler which is just a Stadium truck version of the pede for the same price both are around $180 and parts should be absolutely no problem to find.
My nephew owns the pede and only thing he's broken in 7 months was the front arms. Flung a set of the $7 RPM ones on and he's not broke anything since.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:34 AM
fastandloud

The stampede is a great truck and like the others said sounds like it fits your needs as its cheap, durable and a ton of fun.