Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Aquacraft V24 Engine swap?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Aquacraft V24 Engine swap?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Zabnichols

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aquacraft V24 Engine swap?

I know alot of people have done it, but what is required to mount a different motor?

I've been looking at the Zenoah 26 PUM motor...http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...it.A/id.970/.f, I know its good stuff, but the mounts are WAY different than the fuji crap they call an engine.

Anyone got a rightup on how to mount this motor? And if/how you can add a clutch to this boat/motor combo?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:35 PM
danielplace

Default RE: Aquacraft V24 Engine swap?

ORIGINAL: Zabnichols

I know alot of people have done it, but what is required to mount a different motor?

I've been looking at the Zenoah 26 PUM motor...http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...it.A/id.970/.f, I know its good stuff, but the mounts are WAY different than the fuji crap they call an engine.

Anyone got a rightup on how to mount this motor? And if/how you can add a clutch to this boat/motor combo?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks.

Typically what you will need are the engine, engine mounts, complete system exhaust with proper degree header, pipe mount, a 1/4" collet, new flex cable with welded stub, stuffing tube, shaft bushing, and possibly a t-bar plus all the bits and pieces like throttle hookup, water line, fuel line and such.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:19 PM
apache 1

Default RE: Aquacraft V24 Engine swap?

If you only want to replace the engine and add a clutch, you'll need new mounts and exhaust. Position engine with mounts on in a matter that will align with your present drive cable by temp. attaching it and proping it in place. Mark the holes in the mount and drill . Once you bolt the new stuff in , redue your linkages in your own way. Fasten your exhaust and provide the exit and support it needs. Its about as simple as that. At least it should be . You will encounter many little connection and alignment problems but common sense and ingenuity will take you the rest of the way.