Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Prop Choice For super G/boat pulls to left

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Prop Choice For super G/boat pulls to left

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 08:16 PM
bigrc12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop Choice For super G/boat pulls to left

Hey Guys im trying to get a good prop match on my enforcer super g bone stock. I broke the prop that came with the boat so i bought an octura x572 which is 72mm with a 108mm pitch, the original prop was a 75mm with a 105mm pitch. I figured this is a pretty close match but i just ran the boat and i find the boat wants to pull to the left with a strait rudder and likes turning to the left really easy but not soo easy to the right. Is this a normal? what would cause my boat to want to pull? is it the pitch? any insight to the reason my boat wants pull would be great. Is this possibly caused by an unballanced prop?
thanks
Old 04-08-2010, 08:33 PM
cheesewizz69

Default RE: Prop Choice For super G/boat pulls to left

You need to make sure the prop is balanced and sharp. A dull prop will cause the behavior you described.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:37 PM
wannagofast115

Default RE: Prop Choice For super G/boat pulls to left

Yes I had the same problem with my team pro when i had the stock prop it wasnt sharpend at all you can ask cheezwizz lol hes the one who pointed it out to me. So i recently picked up 2 new props and prather 275 that i run on the team pro and a prather 270 that i run on the gator both sharpend and balanced the gator with a new ez1 air cooled motor still on break in ran 39 mph and it went true and straight and still needs to be leaned out a little after broken in. I think the 270 might be a little small for the gator so one day ill put the 275 on there and see how it runs but is just fine for now. The team pro went 42 bone stock with no engine mods with the 275.