Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

crazy rc car for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 07:37 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default crazy rc car for sale

found this ad on criegslist, for a TRIXX rc car[&:]
this guy wants $600 for his jato. i wouldnt pay more than $200 max!
http://maine.craigslist.org/tag/1688274607.html
Old 04-13-2010, 08:27 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: crazy rc car for sale

Traxx Nitro RC car 3.3 electric start lots of extra parts 700$ in new parts with toolbox to carry everything custom parts include, carborato, exhast and head pipe, servos,aliminum driveshafts, rear end gears, main gear and spur gear, body ties and fuel line protectors. Everything you need to race, maintain and toon is included except fuel please call Kyle @ 207-313-0117 or [email protected] for more info cash ONLY Possible delivery.
so I'm guessing with $700 in new spare parts it comes with a 1 brand new complete spare jato, and roughly 2/3rds of another?

btw whats a "carborato" some kind of spanish engine mod?

I swear some people are high on craigslist
Old 04-13-2010, 08:45 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol some people are just insane. He also spelled tune (toon).... Ahhhh this was great for a few laughs and gigles.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:02 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

i know, i mean non of us want to take a loss when we sell an rc, but thats just how the hobby works.
same if you build a turbo lowered civic with a body kit and bangin stereo, you will never sell it for what you have put in it. because, the bottom line is that it is still USED. you have used it(and the upgrades) and so its not worth the sum of what you put into it.
the sad thing is that someone new to the hobby might buy at that price thinking its a good deal on a really nice used rc
heck, the 1st hobby grade rc i bought was a traxxas nitro sport....used....for $200!!! man did i over pay! that thing was in fair shape and only had the 1.5..
today i wouldnt pay more than $80 for that same truck
Old 04-13-2010, 11:05 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i know, i mean non of us want to take a loss when we sell an rc, but thats just how the hobby works.
same if you build a turbo lowered civic with a body kit and bangin stereo, you will never sell it for what you have put in it. because, the bottom line is that it is still USED. you have used it(and the upgrades) and so its not worth the sum of what you put into it.
the sad thing is that someone new to the hobby might buy at that price thinking its a good deal on a really nice used rc
heck, the 1st hobby grade rc i bought was a traxxas nitro sport....used....for $200!!! man did i over pay! that thing was in fair shape and only had the 1.5..
today i wouldnt pay more than $80 for that same truck
yea I over paid on my 1st MT1 paid $100 for it
Sucker was in piss poor shape looked 1000% better in the pics
only thing left on it in a year are its front and rear diff, and dogbones everything else I had to replace with MT2 parts cause most were so brittle they broke easy
I also bent the MT1 chassis and had to get a MT2 chassis
Engine also was shot and needed a rebuild. Bought a new engine for it for $10 more than a piston and sleeve would have cost for the crappy 9yo stock one
I actually bought a 2nd MT1 for $50 3 months later when I was looking for parts. Found it on craiglist as a box of spare MT1 parts, a whole truck was in the box, and then some. That ones parts for some reason are holding up better than the 1st.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:32 AM
coxie1996
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya theres some people that dont know what there rc is and they either put it too high or too low. like the other  day i bought a traxxas or hpi or something for $40 over craigslist. it jus needed a roto start. lol i did good. and still i  dont know what it is
Old 04-14-2010, 08:12 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

[8D]same here, after one summer the old nitro sport ran soo rough i wouldnt sell it to someone. id just be giving him my problems. so i parted it out. it was the only way i could get some of my money back.
but thats before i joined this site. ive learned alot since then, but still have away to go
Old 04-14-2010, 03:49 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

Its so high because its that new american brand called trixx that makes high end race vehicles.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Traxxas4fun
My Feedback: (3)

he has body pins for a custom part FUNNY
fuel line protectors - custom part LOL
spur gear- custom part. LOl
Old 04-17-2010, 07:58 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guess is he could be using "craigslist logic". A few of my friends are frequent sellers of random items, and the fact is that for every listing someone is gonna lowball you. Actually, most people are.

He probably only expects $200-$300 for the whole thing, hence listing it for twice that.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:34 AM
krone6

I overpaid on mine as well. Bought a used stampede for 150. Came with batteries, charger, and everything else. The part that fails is things kept breaking over and over with very little force. I ended up putting more into that one truck than if iwas to buy a stock and upgrade. But i don't plan on buying any more 1/10'ths so i'll stick with my only r/c Got to love the new people coming into a sport thinking a deal is good. Oh, and loved the "high" comment.