Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Speed Indication by GPS and via Transmitter Display

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Included GPS is a good idea
83.33%
Included GPS is NOT a good idea
16.67%
What's GPS?
0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Speed Indication by GPS and via Transmitter Display

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 04:09 AM
etopsflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Indication by GPS and via Transmitter Display

Guys

I have seen some peeps tie GPS' to they cars and do high speed runs to see how fast they are going. It seems like a very simple idea and it's accurate and free.

When are the likes of Spektrum and the other brands going to catch onto this idea of bundling GPS speed indication with RTR's so that it gives the package that added sex appeal?!

Sure beats the hell out of calculating gear ratios and knowing wheel diameters etc.!

Seems like a good idea? Please take the poll.....

Cheers

Etops
Old 04-19-2010, 06:21 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Speed Indication by GPS and via Transmitter Display

I would love to have GPS on the transmitter. I actually strapped my cell phone (has GPS) to my Jato to get speed run results.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:28 AM
krone6

The thing is, you would get more than just a speed test from the gps. Gps's are more than 5 bucks. So this 100 dollar RTRhas turned into a 200+ when most people just want a dang RTR car to begin with. That and they can just buy a gps later if they don't have one.

Let's take me for example. I have a gps already, why would i want to buy another when i could of saved 100 bucks and just got the car's kit only?It makes more sense to sell just what the person needs and if they really want the extra item, they can always buy it. Just my opinion on it.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:25 AM
rufus2000

very nice feature. If a manufacturer can integrate that feature for $50 or less per unit, I'd buy it. Otherwise the radio system gets too expensive. I bet there are already quite inexpensive gps electronics modules out there that you could use, just the basic functionality is needed, no need for the extra software/maps/3d navigation things... $30 or less would be ideal.