Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Cheap Brushless Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 04:13 PM
dcw55883

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Brushless Setup?

I was thinking one day... that I needed to upgrade to a BRUSHLESS MOTOR!!! But, I'm not made of money...

I looked at the turnigy 60A ESC (Same as the ez-run but cheaper and with a different sticker) on hobbyking.com
And the Tacon 4300kv 540XL motor on hobbypartz.com... all for less than $70

Are these good? Or is there a better for the same price range ($0-$80)?

Give your opinions.

Thanks.<br type="_moz" />
Old 05-02-2010, 04:26 PM
mrgoodbar

Default RE: Cheap Brushless Setup?

ORIGINAL: dcw55883

Give your opinions.

That "you get what you pay for."
Old 05-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Willystylz

Judging by the # of ppl having mostly good experiences with these, I'd say it's worth a shot. If the EZ-Runs and rebadged EZ-Runs were total junk, they wouldn't be nearly as popular as they are today.

My opinion anyways.

A certain person would love to disagree.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:40 PM
redraze

dcw55883 I have the turnigy 60A ESC and also a Tacon 3500kv 540XL and the finned tacon 3900kv 540xl and they both run great, smooth spinning and not hard to turn like a brushed motor, my turnigy 9.5 turn sensored motor turns like a brushed and I took it out and replaced it with the 3500kv and my run times are longer and the car coasts better.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:14 PM
MTboy

I love my ezrun systems that I've had. Never had one problem with them and I plan on more in the future.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:27 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: MTboy

I love my ezrun systems that I've had. Never had one problem with them and I plan on more in the future.
I have 2 ez-runs (30 and 60A)and a Mamba monster (120A)
I like the EZ-runs better personally if I had to do it over again I'd have bought the 120A EZ-run instead of the mamba

Only thing that wasn't good from hobbywing is the 1200kv motor. Mine cogs like mad no matter the setting, also read on other boards the same thing seems to be a motor issue.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:03 AM
justavillain

dang I think I might have found a cheap brushless system to run in my Rustler.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:07 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

EZRun is a nice setup. I have one in a Pede and it's been great. I have about 30 packs thru it with no problems
Old 05-05-2010, 11:30 AM
burnineyes

EZRun systems are not the most robust systems you will ever try, with excessive abuse there has been slightly more reports of failure than Castle systems. But, I have several size EZrun systems and my first is going on 2 years of repeated abuse without a glitch. Of course I do not run 3s lipo and 30 tooth pinions, but I do run large capacity lipos over and over. I have tried several systems including, Castle, Tekin, NOvak, and a few others, Hobbywing gets my vote for favorite. Not only are they the best bang for the buck, they are simply the best bang period for non-competition use, and in some cases they can dominate competition also, my 18th scale racers with EZrun ESCs dominate the track nearly every week over Mamba and Mongoose users. For 10th scale competition I use the Mamba Max Pro for its extra tuning options, for 10th bashing I buy nothing but Hobbywing EZRun.

Anyone who still believes the old saying "you get what you pay for" is either not knowledgeable on the subject, or is in denial.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:57 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

Love my ez run in my detta.She's my speed run car Only on 2s now but the speed and power is unbelievable.Cant wait to order a 3s. Way faster than my slash on 7 cell, but its still brushed.No speed gun but im gonna say its doing 35-40 on 2s.Real reliable too.No problems yet.My friend has a ez run on his bandit, runs great and no issues.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:13 AM
cika
My Feedback: (35)

I bought an Ez Run 60A/6000kv 5.5t system for my first brushless system and I love it. I have maybe 200 runs on that system with no issues ever. I have bought a second 60A EZ esc and have never had an issue with it. As stated above.. Its my favorite esc. I like it better than my higher end systems. I own TRX,castle,etc. and the EzRun is easily Programable with card, runs cooler (motor &amp; esc) than the "big $ systems". For there customer service... I emailed them once with a question and got a responce with in a few days, so they where there for me! You arent able to just call them up and talk to an American person like Novak or Castle, but they are there! But honestly, you'll never need them. I have never had any problems with these systems! I have had it come off the chassie at the track and it got beat around inside my truck for ahwile it was like that Im guessing and it never broke. I have accedently ran it into a puddle that submersed my rc and NOTHING! Waterproof? It must be! It ran cooler than my MambaMax system in my Stampede. I even ran the 6000kv motor in a MT and it ran cooler than the Castle 5700. I know everyone swears by Castle and Novac, but save some coin and get yourself an 60A EzRun and a .5 turned motor and you'll be very happy with you purchase. Take the money you saved and get yourself another battery! As I said.. the only good thing you get with Castle,Novak and TRX is unbeatable customer support. And sadly you will need it! I have had to call all 3 with issues and like I said I've never had any issues with my Hobbywing stuff.   
Old 06-03-2010, 07:04 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love my ez runs.

the cheapest one, the 9t 35amp (in a 20 year old 4wd tamiya buggy) smokes my friends vxl ruslter. lol

i plan on getting an xe run soon (the sensored version of ez run)

you can't go wrong with hobbywing, great products.

chinese brushless and chinese batteries for me.

ORIGINAL: burnineyes

Anyone who still believes the old saying "you get what you pay for" is either not knowledgeable on the subject, or is in denial.
^ this +1</p>
Old 06-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Merc4Stroke

Can you guys put up a couple links to the stuff you have? I'm looking for a system to put into a 1/8 conversion I'm working on, and am exploring options. I was looking around on the hobbyking site, buy am not sure I've found what you're refering to.

Thanks