Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

A10 Warthog Plans

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 11:29 PM
Don Panek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A10 Warthog Plans

I have built numerous models from plans and found that the majority of the designers do a very good job. I recently purchased plans from Model Airplane News for the A10 Warthog.This model appealed to me due to the twin engine configuration and overall apperance.I have built other twins ie,ov10 Bronco ,P-38 and B-25. I want to state that the following is my review of these plans based on my experience which is over 65 years in modeling(46 years in R/C). These are the worst,most poorly draw and checked plans ever to be published. The highlights of mistakes are so numerous that I will point out only the real major ones. All the ribs are shown 1/2" longer than required,Plans call for one thing the construction outline states another.There are NO bulkheads that will meet the drawing,there is NO statement how to get at the servos,there is a very stuipd way to assemble the rudders and stab(impossible). The joke is the individal who drew these plans actually got paid. I wish that before a plan is to be published the magazine should have someone build the model and give his approval.I have written MAN and I am hopefully looking forward to the response.