Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Castle ice lite 75 fried

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 10:14 PM
rich100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Castle ice lite 75 fried

Got to the field today to finally maiden my angel. Must have had an angel on my shoulder - because right before I got her off the ground - the prop stopped abrubtly (bang) and smoke started coming from my esc. Coulda been worse.
Now i;m trying to figure the problem... bad esc? bad motor? bad combo? Everything was connected proper and seemed to be fine when I ran the meter against it befor flight. The esc is totally dead - but the motor seems fine ( but not sure if to trust it) Ihave nbeen running the castles on multiple other planes without issue.

here is my setup:
motor - hacker a50s-14turn (425kv/1250 peak watts)
Prop - 16x10 apc
battery - tp 5s 5000 30c
esc - castle ice lite 75 (stock length battery wires)

4 of the fets by the black wire just popped.

Any input is appreciated.

thx

rich
Old 08-12-2010, 10:24 AM
cyclops2

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Castle ice lite 75 fried

Contact Castle.........ONLY ........First !!.......Do not listen to any do it yourself advice. Castle should know what caused it & work out a replacement if it is their fault.

Maybe.