Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

stock transmitters?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 01:15 AM
bige3dalejr88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock transmitters?

I was thinking about joing in on the lhs racing and was wanting to know if i should upgrade my transmitter and reciever. im currently using the stock team associated xp2 2 channel am radio. and if i do upgrade what am i goning to want to look for in the new one?
Old 09-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Steve.

Default RE: stock transmitters?

Do yourself a favor and get a decent 2.4g radio, just the fact that there's no crystal is worth it alone. Plus all of the adjustments you don't have now will help you dial the car in much better. The Futaba 3PM is a great radio for the money. You want features like EPA, exponent, model memory, sub trim, etc...
Old 09-08-2010, 05:06 PM
jermpool

I like Spektrum radios. this is the one I have http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ever-No-Servos Its only 130 bucks which I think is reasonable but if you can afford it get a more expensive one such as this one http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...d-Racing-Radio

But definately get a 2.4 ghz radio its well worth the money.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:50 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2.4ghz is ok, but the range is crap. A good modulated FM is better in my opinion. You can pick up an airtronics m8 for close to nothing now and it will perform better than most of the newer stuff.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:57 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: proanti1

2.4ghz is ok, but the range is crap. A good modulated FM is better in my opinion. You can pick up an airtronics m8 for close to nothing now and it will perform better than most of the newer stuff.
????
range is crap on 2.4ghz?
I can drive all mine over 100 yards away (they go off the horizon) with absolute 0 glitching how much more range you need?
Old 09-08-2010, 08:40 PM
bloodpuppy

i Had an Am for 1 day. Drove around a car and i lost signal and i was about 30' away.
You can find some on ebay for about 50.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:53 PM
bige3dalejr88

thanks guys

Old 09-09-2010, 02:14 AM
genitor

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

????
range is crap on 2.4ghz?
I can drive all mine over 100 yards away (they go off the horizon) with absolute 0 glitching how much more range you need?
I have the losi 2.4 ghz system and my range is crap too.
It only uses 4 batteries while most of the other ones use 8 so i'm guessing the lower voltage causes these range problems.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:43 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: genitor

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

????
range is crap on 2.4ghz?
I have the losi 2.4 ghz system and my range is crap too.
It only uses 4 batteries while most of the other ones use 8 so i'm guessing the lower voltage causes these range problems.
ahh
Could be the issue the ones I own use 8AA's
Honestly I'm not a fan of Losi's radios. I have a Micro High Roller its stock radio (AM) only will only get about 30 feet away before it completely loses signal(starts glitching at around 10 feet). Why I only used the thing 2-3 times in over 9 months.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:26 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is a spektrum dx3r, the failsafes generally start cutting in at about 80 yards or so. I had a bad problem with my home phone interfering with it.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:28 PM
jermpool

Mine uses 8 and my sc10 is a spec and i still have a signal. I have read somewhere that wireless routers can interfere but have never experienced that.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:46 PM
rc person 577

Mine is a spektrum dx3r, the failsafes generally start cutting in at about 80 yards or so. I had a bad problem with my home phone interfering with it.
Was this only inside the house? I was looking at the 3R and heard they are the best thing since sliced bread, and that they are junk. I use the air radios with no problem, they use 4 AA, and no real glitching with both a phone and wireless router.
Sorry to hijack you thread, but I wanted to read more on the DX3R...
Old 09-09-2010, 08:04 PM
bige3dalejr88

Thanks everyone, I went out today and purchased a Spektrum DX2S and in the process of putting everything on the car at the moment. Thanks again for all the comments.