Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

RealFlight G3 Basics - Newbies apply here

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

RealFlight G3 Basics - Newbies apply here

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:13 AM
chris_toffer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RealFlight G3 Basics - Newbies apply here

Hi All, This is my first post so please be gentle with me. I have Realflight G2. Cost about $300.00 here in Brisbane, Australia. I haven't been able to find if there is an upgrage to G3, without the controller. If there is no upgrade I would not be terribly happy. I already have a controller why should I have to buy another one? If this is the case then G3 is not an option for me & I would imagine many others. Finally. From a business point of view there would certainly be a market out there for an upgrade for people who have supported this product in the past. I know there are pirate problems but that probably already exists. Is anyone can throw some light on this subject I would appreciate your feedback, regards, chris_toffer.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:36 AM
sergiooi

hi there ! i think there is an upgrade cuz im playing to g3 with g2 controller and it work but a little less options.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:29 PM
darticus

Wanted to hook the realflight 3.5 controller it comes with to my CX2 controller but someone said it won't work.The wires work that comes with the realflight to the CX2 controller but can't seem to get it to work.Does anyone know any better???
Old 02-25-2007, 06:44 PM
darticus

I'm using the realflight 3.5 for my CX2. I have to pick the Heli Max Axe EZ for my aircraft as it doesn't have the CX2. Just got the sim and wondered if anyone can give me some pointers on setting it up for the CX2. Maybe settings will help me out. I tried it in the store but when I got it home I found the store was using expansion pack 1 and it cost 30.00 dollars. WOW! Guess there is no free downloads.Thanks Ron
Old 02-25-2007, 07:43 PM
darticus

What can we do with the screen shots we take? Don't say it! Can they be put into the screen saver program???What about the screen shots having the left column of selections we can pick from in the photo. I checked off show all things like trees and clouds etc. looks great!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:58 AM
sergiooi

Sure there is free exp. pack. I downloaded them on torrent reactor.net. Go take a look...[link]http://tr.searching.com/search.php?_br=tr&search=&words=realflight+g3&cid= &type=2&exclude=&sizemin=&sizemax=&from_m=10&from_ d=14&from_y=2001&to_m=10&to_d=14&to_y=2006&orderby =relevance&asc=0[/link]
Old 02-26-2007, 12:46 PM
darticus

THANKS for that expantion pack info.Do you just download it or do you need the BitTorrent client they mention? Is that a special system or something? Do you know the procedure once you download it? DID it work for you? Thanks Ron
Old 02-26-2007, 12:51 PM
nemo_uk

I guess the moderators are asleep !
Old 02-26-2007, 12:59 PM
darticus

I downloaded it to my desktop using the BitTorrent client. Now how to install? Can anyone get me going???Thanks Ron
Old 02-26-2007, 01:20 PM
SuddenSam
My Feedback: (3)

I read the other day that Spektrum is offering an adapter for FS-One that will let you use their transmitter wirelessly by plugging an adapter into the USB port. This allows you to use all the programming from the transmitter plus you don’t have a cord to get in the way. Does anyone know if RealFlight is planning to offer something like this?
Old 02-26-2007, 04:54 PM
darticus

On my realflight I don't see a T-rex as a choice to pick for aircraft.What did you use as the T-REX aircraft or did you have an addon type thing?Thanks Ron
Old 02-26-2007, 11:36 PM
sergiooi

Yes there is 5 add on check for it on bit torrents clients.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:16 PM
livinma1
My Feedback: (15)

Hey All -

I am currently trying the helicopters in real flight and the physics are way off compared to a raptor 30 I have flown. What should I adjust.

Thaks
Old 07-14-2007, 06:01 PM
racer_dan

I JUST BOUGHT REAL FLIGHT AND IM TRYING TO JOIN A MULTIPLAYER GAME BUT IT TELLS ME MY INFO PACKET FAILED TO SEND, IS IT BECAUSE MY CONNECTION IS TOO SLOW? I AM USING WIRELESS... IS IT POSSIBLE??????
Old 07-25-2007, 07:07 PM
walkera22e

NVM
Old 07-27-2007, 03:16 AM
jimweda

ORIGINAL: jaafit

Any G3 questions, basic or not? I'm here to help anyone, so don't be afraid to ask.
I hate to say it, and I know I'm going to get attacked for this, but, I unfortunately (hehe) decided to buy a PC just so I could run RF G3.5. I went as bare bones as possible and added a Nvidia GeForce 7300 OC. Everything works great, but when I registered online, it said all was okay, but when I tried to check for updates, it tells me that I need to register first. I have a HP Pavillion a1710n, 2.2 dual core processor, plenty of hard drive and a gig of memory. Any ideas as to why I can't update through the program? I guess the other question is, are there actually any updates that might make a difference? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:04 PM
speedygonzales

alright so just got real flight AWSOME.

BUT

i cannot connect to internet games, it always reloads my previous single player level.
when i download model aircrafts i dont know how to load them.
and im trying to add smoke to the yak and i put the parameters in but no smoke comes out
Old 10-26-2007, 09:26 PM
monstertrukin

need to find the install directory for realflight g3 can anyone help?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:06 PM
darticus

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...?do=cat&id=119
This should do it. Ron
Old 11-07-2007, 09:09 AM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: jimweda

ORIGINAL: jaafit

Any G3 questions, basic or not? I'm here to help anyone, so don't be afraid to ask.
I hate to say it, and I know I'm going to get attacked for this, but, I unfortunately (hehe) decided to buy a PC just so I could run RF G3.5. I went as bare bones as possible and added a Nvidia GeForce 7300 OC. Everything works great, but when I registered online, it said all was okay, but when I tried to check for updates, it tells me that I need to register first. I have a HP Pavillion a1710n, 2.2 dual core processor, plenty of hard drive and a gig of memory. Any ideas as to why I can't update through the program? I guess the other question is, are there actually any updates that might make a difference? Thanks in advance.
How many times have you tried to load RF on to your machine?? The reason I ask is I had the very same problem. I then just about gave up on this sim when I got the idea of doing a complete search of my hard drive for anything "realflight" and "Knifedge" and deleted all instances of them. I then reloaded the program and all is fine now. But I then tried to load a "add-on" that came with the sim programe and for what ever reason it faile to load right. I then tried to update realflight. Again I got the "You must register Realflight before updates will work" This after regeristing it an number of times and still no updates even though it said thank you for regersting. So I just did the HD search thing again and deleted everything and reloaded. Now I have a updated working version. Not sure why this problem happenes but try what I did. I might work for you as well.
FYI
gForce motherboard P35 chipset
2.33 intel due core processer
4Gigs ram
Gforce 8600gts video card
Vista home premium
Appel Cinema 20 display..................I also bought and assembled this PC just for this flight sim. My trusty Mac G4 twin 1.25 is still right here beside me....still beats these PC's at just about everything and it is 6 years old. And still much easier to use.
Although this PC is not bad..........I can't belive how many viruses and such my virus protection is catching......never have that problem with a Mac won't ever use this thing for anything that may disclose privet information like on-line banking.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:49 AM
darticus

This is how I install off knifedge
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Jh16104.txt (279 Bytes, 9 views)