Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airspace as a high dollar turbine jet?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
42.14%
No
37.99%
Who cares
19.87%
Voters: 458. You may not vote on this poll

Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airspace as a high dollar turbine jet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 05:23 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airspace as a high dollar turbine jet?

I'm a big bad Jet Flyer. I am sponsered by RAVJets. I am bad arse. If you fly a foamie, this is what you are.

Raf
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20791.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	902609  
Old 03-13-2008, 05:47 PM
DanSavage
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airspace as a high dollar turbine jet?

ORIGINAL: dasintex
Guilty as Charged; Beat with a Wet Foamie!
Did someone say, 'wet foamie'?

Name:	Zx71790.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	902642  
Old 03-13-2008, 05:51 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: DanSavage

ORIGINAL: dasintex
Guilty as Charged; Beat with a Wet Foamie!
Did someone say, 'wet foamie'?
Now that's the foam I'm taking about!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

If you had a "Mid Air" with a Fat girl on a Raptor would they be banned for life?

Name:	Qo41550.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	902679  
Old 03-13-2008, 06:50 PM
SPEED JUNKIE
My Feedback: (14)

THAT IS JUST SO WRONG ON SO MANY LEVEL'S[:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 03-13-2008, 07:40 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Patrick Frost

If you had a "Mid Air" with a Fat girl on a Raptor would they be banned for life?
that babe is built for comfort , not for speed . anyways i just have to add my ywo cents here. the foamy shouldn't have been flying against the pattern. the mid air would have never happened. you can't blame the plane, it's only doing what it's told , WB_1

Name:	Wu62047.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	902718  
Old 03-13-2008, 09:52 PM
AMA234
My Feedback: (3)

Okay,
Let's see if we can make it to 11 pages.

How do we know that the Mig pilot was actually flying in the proper direction and following the pattern established by the foamie pilot? Granted I don't typicallly care for foamies, however this time I will give him the benefit of the doubt and presume that he (the foamie pilot) was indeed flying the pattern and the Mig pilot blatently disregarded the established pattern.

Any takers?

Popcorn ready, Mike and Ikes on standby and the wife is getting the drink.

p.s.
Kip, you said you fly what you can afford. If you have been building and flying multi-million dollar UAV's for a living and you fly foamies, you ought to consider raising your hourly labor rate so you can make a little more. I have been flying UAV's for 25 years, since 1983 when I soloed. Technically speaking, ALL R/C aircraft are UAV's. Your profession has no bearing on the issue of whether or not the foamies should have shared airspace when a jet is airborn. So big whooping deal, go toot your horn elsewhere. Talk about us having the egotistical attitude.

You can have the best spotter in the world but the other pilots are still flying their planes as well, and time progresses even after your spotter tells you of the last known location of an aircraft that may have been in your path.

I'm NOT rich, but I've been very blessed to own ONE jet; traded sweat equity labor for an engine, and got a screaming deal on the airframe. I had to sell a bunch of other R/C stuff so I could complete this jet and I tell you what, I AM NOT the type of person who thinks that I am better than anyone else but if I crashed my jet because someone was loitering around the runway with a foamie, I'd be absolutely livid and there would be some reimbursment I guarentee you that.

.............I build and fly multi-million dollar UAV's......blah blah blah

Les
Old 03-13-2008, 09:57 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

let me throw this in.... Due to the size of the 2 'jets'. The patterns will be different. If the foamie would fly the pattern of the mig, on the down wind it would be pretty small. The foamie is going to fly a much tighter pattern than the mig. If the Mig was making a pass between the taxi strip and main runway that would be in the neighborhood of the downwind side for the foamie! The Mig actually would have been a lot safer doing a low pass over the runway. You can tell from the pic that they're not over the taxi way (active runway)..
Old 03-13-2008, 10:25 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm rich, so I am better than you. [sm=greedy.gif]

Raf
Old 03-13-2008, 10:43 PM
AMA234

ORIGINAL: ravill

I'm rich, so I am better than you. [sm=greedy.gif]

Raf

LOL

In the spirt of giving... how about sending some of that wealth my way! LOL

Old 03-13-2008, 10:47 PM
AMA234

ORIGINAL: Patrick Frost

If that tub of grease farts, the U.S will lose a $130 million plane. [X(] Look how close the flame from the missile is to her backside...er um I mean her all-over-side. LOL
Old 03-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Hustler58
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

If you post after this post, I hope someone tracks you down and does terrible things to you and your family. This has gone as far as it can go and I will personaly kick David in the crotch for starting this poll. Butch
Old 03-14-2008, 06:25 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ama234

Okay,
Let's see if we can make it to 11 pages.

How do we know that the Mig pilot was actually flying in the proper direction and following the pattern established by the foamie pilot? Granted I don't typicallly care for foamies, however this time I will give him the benefit of the doubt and presume that he (the foamie pilot) was indeed flying the pattern and the Mig pilot blatently disregarded the established pattern.

Any takers?

Popcorn ready, Mike and Ikes on standby and the wife is getting the drink.

p.s.
Kip, you said you fly what you can afford. If you have been building and flying multi-million dollar UAV's for a living and you fly foamies, you ought to consider raising your hourly labor rate so you can make a little more. I have been flying UAV's for 25 years, since 1983 when I soloed. Technically speaking, ALL R/C aircraft are UAV's. Your profession has no bearing on the issue of whether or not the foamies should have shared airspace when a jet is airborn. So big whooping deal, go toot your horn elsewhere. Talk about us having the egotistical attitude.

You can have the best spotter in the world but the other pilots are still flying their planes as well, and time progresses even after your spotter tells you of the last known location of an aircraft that may have been in your path.

I'm NOT rich, but I've been very blessed to own ONE jet; traded sweat equity labor for an engine, and got a screaming deal on the airframe. I had to sell a bunch of other R/C stuff so I could complete this jet and I tell you what, I AM NOT the type of person who thinks that I am better than anyone else but if I crashed my jet because someone was loitering around the runway with a foamie, I'd be absolutely livid and there would be some reimbursment I guarentee you that.

.............I build and fly multi-million dollar UAV's......blah blah blah

Les
lol are you a crack baby ??? no really I watched the video on you tube and both planes took off in the same direction meaning that is the pattern. now the video shows that the mig came around the pattern like he should when the foamy crossed in front of the mig going the opposite direction. how much clearer can you get? so foamy or not two planes flying against each other mean trouble,WB_1
Old 03-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Flyjets
My Feedback: (51)

This Thread is closed

Ian
Old 03-27-2008, 01:41 AM
Flyjets

This Was Sent from Germany and Attached to this original Thread

************************************************** *********************************

Hi All,

Despite the copied thread name this is NOT to restart the pi**ing contest foam against $$$.

Unfortunely because of the fight the moderators felt tempted to close the original poll:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7196698/tm.htm

I just like to inform you that the owner of the Mig29 those loss spawned off this notorious thread has spoken in the german forums:
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php?t=84723 (postcount #14)
Unfortunely to late to include it in the old thread (but may be a moderator can move this as "concluding post" into the old thread)

This is more or less accurate translation of his expaining words:
//////////////////////////////////
Hi Guys,
I don't know what's been written in RC-U (as I don't read there) but I'd like to give you some first hand experience.

1. Stryrojets have rescued the meeting. Almost no other jets have been flying during the storm.

2. The small boy started while I was still fighting with air bubbles in my fuel system. He was up before me.

So it was MY fault !!

I'd never thougt about such a scenario.
Unfortunely the styro blocks have stoped my engines just seconds later, so I crashed everything outside the field.

We both have made mistakes.
I started (after being released) regardless of a styrojet still flying and the small boy didn't fly in the pattern.

I have learned by this and will built a new one.

Greatings Thomas Singer

//////////////////////////////////

So it looks like the guy that could complain the most about it ist also the most grown up.

Would be nice to conclude this with his words:

>>P.S.: Bitte nehmt dieses als Information,und diskutiert es nicht kaputt.
>>PS.: Please take this as information and don't start discussing it to death.

regards Peter

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********
Old 03-27-2008, 01:46 AM
Flyjets

uncljoe

Certified

Semper fi
Joe

(in reply to vampire67)
Post ID:7285143
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 2 | IP: 68.44.183.59

RE: Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airsp... - 3/26/2008 12:22:16 PM
No New Messages
CARS II

Click to learn more about the advantages of upgrading your membership here at RC Universe

CARS II
I fly Tamjets

(in reply to uncljoe)
Post ID:7285208
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 3 | IP: 75.42.82.218

RE: Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airsp... - 3/26/2008 12:37:59 PM
No New Messages
Gordon Mc

Certified

Status: offline Mucho kudos to Thomas for his integrity in making such a statement.

If the guy who had the biggest loss in this incident doesn't see fit to put all blame on the foamy, then IMO no-one else has any grounds to stand on in trying to assign such blame.

That doesn't mean that planners of future events etc should ignore some of the valid concerns that people have about mixing aircraft of vastly dissimilar speeds etc - but at least for this one incident the matter ought to now be laid to rest.

Bravo Thomas.

Gordon

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - Aldous Huxley
"He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak." - Michel de Montaigne

(in reply to CARS II)
Post ID:7285283
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 4 | IP: 198.182.56.5

RE: Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airsp... - 3/26/2008 1:09:09 PM
No New Messages
DocYates

Certified

Status: offline Kudos to Thomas Singer! I have had the pleasure of meeting him and he is every bit the gentleman he portrays in that thread. I hate his model was destroyed as it is one of the finest pieces of engineering I have seen fly, but I have no doubt he will rebuild it and have an even nicer model in the future.
Hopefully this will help to remove the stain of the "turbine pilot" image portrayed by the previous thread....

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, will plow for those who did not".

(in reply to Gordon Mc)
Post ID:7285408
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 5 | IP: 74.239.78.196

RE: Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airsp... - 3/26/2008 3:11:05 PM
No New Messages
Synthetic

Certified

TEAM VISA... It's good I can fix things!!!

(in reply to DocYates)
Post ID:7286038
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 6 | IP: 76.194.207.187

RE: Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airsp... - 3/26/2008 6:20:47 PM
No New Messages
I_Fly_Coolers

Certified

Status: offline Here we go again.... I've got one thing to say:

Attachments
Click to see fullsize image.
Click for fullsize

(in reply to Synthetic)
Post ID:7286930
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 7 | IP: 24.110.201.108

RE: Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airsp... - 3/26/2008 7:46:31 PM
No New Messages
vampire67

Click to learn more about the advantages of upgrading your membership here at RC Universe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc
That doesn't mean that planners of future events etc should ignore some of the valid concerns that people have about mixing aircraft of vastly dissimilar speeds etc - but at least for this one incident the matter ought to now be laid to rest.

... but the key is this different aircraft groups have ZERO to do with the price or material of modell ...

And recaping this event and being on others with difficult weather conditions the problem is to keep the show interesting while the preplanned program is canceled by the pilotes because of the weather.
This is were it starts getting erratic and the mixing of different aircraft is becomming very difficult to organise.

Peter

P.S. Unfortunely I know the same kind of (notorious) $$$ behaviour on german roads by BMW, Mercedes and Audi owners.
Unfortunely there is a point were the "toy" becomes a personality extention.

(in reply to Gordon Mc)
Post ID:7287330
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 8 | IP: 89.48.1.8

RE: Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airsp... - 3/26/2008 7:58:40 PM
No New Messages
ianober

Ian Oberholser

(in reply to vampire67)
Post ID:7287409
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 9 | IP: 209.172.74.45

RE: Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airsp... - 3/26/2008 8:24:40 PM
No New Messages
Synthetic

Certified

Status: offline Ahhh, I was just getting the popcorn ready!

TEAM VISA... It's good I can fix things!!!

(in reply to ianober)
Post ID:7287521
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 10 | IP: 12.202.89.162

RE: Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airsp... - 3/26/2008 8:33:11 PM
No New Messages
theradioflyer

Status: offline I think someone already took the horse away and your still trying to beat it.

I dig up so much dirt with the Prop, they call me the farmer.

(in reply to Synthetic)
Post ID:7287561
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 11 | IP: 75.7.139.18

RE: Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airsp... - 3/26/2008 10:16:28 PM
No New Messages
I_Fly_Coolers

Certified

Attachments
Click to see fullsize image.
Click for fullsize Click to see fullsize image.
Click for fullsize Click to see fullsize image.
Click for fullsize

< Message edited by I_Fly_Coolers -- 3/26/2008 10:24:58 PM >

(in reply to theradioflyer)
Post ID:7288151
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Revisions: 1 | Post #: 12 | IP: 24.110.201.108

RE: Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airsp... - 3/27/2008 2:54:50 AM
No New Messages
vampire67

quote:

ORIGINAL: ianober
Moderators please close this thread

Agreed,
especially as the "replies" are missing any "futher information"

Any chance I can close it myself ?
(In RC-Groups there is a thread tool to close the thread by the thread-starter.
actually I'm missing a lot of thread tools here compared to RC-Groups)

(in reply to ianober)
Post ID:7289350
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 13 | IP: 89.48.10.136

RE: Should stinkin foamys be allowed in the same airsp... - 3/27/2008 3:12:36 AM
No New Messages
SDCrashmaster

quote:

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

I think someone already took the horse away and your still trying to beat it.

Quote makes much more sense after seeing your avitar

Yeah, I use mixing... Balsa & Dirt. ©

(in reply to theradioflyer)
Post ID:7289391
[View this members gallery] [Search users posts] [View My Models] Report | Post #: 14 | IP: 66.75.52.189