Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Twin Turbo Commander 1000 setup

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Twin Turbo Commander 1000 setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 12:03 PM
jetfixr
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am glad to hear that you have began building. I haven't worked on mine in quite a while now, but I do still have it and still hope to finish it someday. Yes, I had some of the same problems you are having. I ended up cutting some new stringer slots in the back half of the fuselage, and adding balsa filler to the formers of the aft fuselage section to make the formers line up. After doing this it came out pretty good. It is a pretty complicated build, but it makes a very nice finished product. Feel free to post pics here, or let me know if you start a build log because I would like to follow along. Good luck with it!
Old 06-21-2014, 07:45 PM
maxiemac

Hi Jetfixr - I have started a new thread in 'Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft' category and named it 'Aero Commander Shrike Build' - you get a mention in my first post - cheers - maxiemac
Old 06-27-2014, 05:09 PM
Belgium

Default AeroCommander

Originally Posted by maxiemac
Hi Jetfixr - I have started a new thread in 'Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft' category and named it 'Aero Commander Shrike Build' - you get a mention in my first post - cheers - maxiemac
Maxiemac: I built the Palmer Commander and have been flying it for several years now. If you need any info on the build please let me know.

RC Universe name - Belgium
Old 07-02-2014, 11:27 PM
maxiemac

Hi Belgium - thanks for your offer - could you please go over to my new thread 'Aero Commander Shrike Build' in this forum and advise, 'did you come across these former variations in your build? - and - how did you join the aft fuselage to the forward section? - this would interest me as I am needing to decide on how I want to do mine - over to you - cheers - maxiemac
Old 07-05-2014, 10:40 PM
maxiemac

Hi Jetfixr - I am laying up the 1/8" square fuselage stringers (and doing the heaps of mods needed to the slots in the formers as I go) and am wondering if and how you decided in which positions to place the soft medium and hard balsa ones - I've got a mix of soft, medium and hard stringers in both the short and long ones but seem to have more soft and medium than hard.

I'm inclined to use the hard stringers around the fuselage outside but might not have enough to do both fuz sides - I only have 6 short hard stringers and the rest are roughly equally divided between soft and medium.

The plan calls for 1/64" 3 ply sheeting inside the cabin as well as outside so I can probably get away with using 7 ft out of the 24 ft of soft short 1/8" sticks I have. With the cabin area double skinned inside and out, I'm having to think hard - do I use hard balsa here or soft - more head scratching...........

Although the more I think about it, using soft and medium balsa under the external balsa sheeting should be the way to go, as the longitudinal sheeting should have plenty of strength in its own right.

I think I'm starting to answer some of my own questions!!! - anybody else have some thoughts??? - cheers - maxiemac
Old 07-05-2014, 10:43 PM
maxiemac

Hi Belgium - as per post #230, did you come across this situation during your build? - I would be keen to know - cheers - maxiemac
Old 08-04-2014, 11:41 PM
maxiemac

Hi Jetfixr - can you please tell me what glue you used when planking your fuselage - if you used white glue how did you hold each plank in place? - thanks - maxiemac