Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Swiwin Turbines

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Swiwin Turbines

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2024, 10:05 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by why_fly_high
LOL AceX is Swiwin.
I was wondering who was going to tell him…
The following users liked this post:
why_fly_high (08-14-2024)
Old 08-14-2024, 12:38 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 86 Likes on 76 Posts

i was gona wait until after he posted that he bought it...

and, is the acex rebranded stuff even still available?
Old 08-15-2024, 02:09 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Ok that’s out then! Yes they do sell them. The maintenance fees…. way too high, $300. Getting a Sophia JPX full warranty!

Last edited by ledd4u; 08-15-2024 at 02:36 AM.
Old 08-29-2024, 05:04 PM
thedarkwraith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just purchased my first Swiwin 80 and been setting it up on the bench. I use a Spektrum iX20 tx and am using an AR10360T rx for this new build (tx is running latest firmware, rx updated to latest v3.x.x for the new AS3X+ and other features and rx is brand new). Trying to get the telemetry working and having issues with no data (all 00.000 showed in Turbine Status screen). I thought it might be a rat race condition where the rx was powering on before the ECU and thus not finding the device so I put a Y adapter on the PPM port with one lead going to the battery pack and the other lead going to the rx throttle channel (ch 1). I powered it on and ECU powered up then I plugged in the rx wire to power up the rx and still no telemetry data. Been trying every combination of powering ECU/rx, unplugging/plugging in telemetry on ECU and still can't get any data. Now here's the funny thing: I don't know what the last combination of the steps I did for powering and telemetry unplugging/plugging were but I walked away from it for a good while and worked on something else and when I came back and checked the Turbine Status screen I had data! Problem is I powered it down and haven't been able to recreate that or get any data. The good thing is at least I know my cables and everything are good since I did get telemetry data once. Now the question is why can't I get any telemetry data from the ECU? Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: I did manage to get telemetry data one more time without having to fiddle with unplugging/plugging anything. I plugged in the battery (Y connector still installed) and voila telemetry data was showing on Turbine Status screen. I unplugged the battery and tried it again and well no joy - back to the same problem. This is very strange.

EDIT2: I found an old AR6600T I had lying around and decided to try it. Wired it like so: PPM to throttle ch on rx and telemetry to xbus port like it should. Plugged in battery to any open channel on rx and instant telemetry data for Turbine Status visible. I unplugged/plugged battery back in numerous times and same result - instant telemetry data on Turbine Status screen. This tells me there is some kind of data timing issue with the ECU and the AR10360T.

Last edited by thedarkwraith; 08-29-2024 at 05:44 PM.