Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Nitro Engine Care And Breaking In/Starting Instructions

Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Nitro Engine Care And Breaking In/Starting Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 09:30 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Engine Care And Breaking In/Starting Instructions

once agin thanks alot
Old 01-31-2008, 12:24 PM
[email protected]

ok i have my new mt2 g3.0 and want tio break it in but can not keep it running what can i do
Old 01-31-2008, 05:51 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

You many need to increase the idle or lean it out just a tad.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:33 PM
[email protected]

ok so i got my new mt2 with the G3.0 and it is runing very good still have some work to do on it and it is perfect thanks for all the info and what not i am happy to see that there is some where you can go to get help and you don't have to have $$$$$$$$$ thanks agin [/color][/color]
Old 02-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Mauler

Jyrki,
Thank you for the article - very helpful. I am kind of new to the sport and just purchased a new "ABC" engine. Tight doesn't even begin to describe it - I thought it was broken. My plan, whether right or wrong is to use the heat cycle method and common sense. Again good article.

Oddball
Old 02-28-2008, 07:01 PM
d16z6

ORIGINAL: 46u

Should be OK but I recommend wrapping the head with aluminum foil and preheat it with a heat gun. I always preheat my new engines when breaking them in no matter what the outside temperature is. This helps take stress off the new tight engine.
Wow that's exactly what I just recently did with my TRX 2.5. And I thought I was the only one with this train of thought taking the extra measures.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:22 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: d16z6

ORIGINAL: 46u

Should be OK but I recommend wrapping the head with aluminum foil and preheat it with a heat gun. I always preheat my new engines when breaking them in no matter what the outside temperature is. This helps take stress off the new tight engine.
Wow that's exactly what I just recently did with my TRX 2.5. And I thought I was the only one with this train of thought taking the extra measures.
It is command knowledge among experience RC people to do this. Just ask any hard core RCer.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:19 AM
HitTheDirt!

I think people are going to have sooooo many different opinions on how to break in an engine, and each is going to think theirs is right.

I personally just follow the manufactures instructions to a tee when breaking mine in and I never have issues.

The one thing I do religiously, is put after run in when I am done running for the day.

I had a TMAXX back when they first came out that had 5 gallons ran through it and was still strong....just wanted to upgrade to an OS motor for more speed as I raced it back then.

Newbee's just follow the instructions when it comes to breaking it in.[8D]
Old 03-05-2008, 12:52 AM
hicksdoodle

hey wuts up im new to these nitro engines and i having alot of trouble with it. I cant get my nitro engine started back and when i do get it started i have to keep giving it gas for it to keep running. Will not idle for nothin. If anyone can help i would appreciate it. Thank You.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:54 AM
copmac

Hi all,

I have bougth a brend new RC Nitro car with Team infinty Tokyo 18 engin.

I think I allready broke the engin and I wasn't able to get it started jet.

It has a drill starter. So it is hard to tell if it is fluded are not. I read some forums and seems that it was indeed is fluded.

When I turnd it up site down to remove the fule a lot of metal waste came out (or other substance).

:-( 

I tried to start the engin cold (didn't know you have to pre heat it) 
The shop where i bought it didn't give any explenation. Just have fun with it :-(

they did tune it so it could be started but it never started. And when it does it died imidiatly. (well it proberly want start anymore ofter all the metal wase that was coming out of it).

Starting this things isn't easy. Perhaps it is wise to put the pullstarted back in place. (it was in the box anyway)

Do you think the engin is dead or am I mistaking?

How can you tell if it is broken?

any info is welcome.

Thanks

Oh well  
Old 11-30-2009, 10:29 AM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: copmac

Hi all,

I have bougth a brend new RC Nitro car with Team infinty Tokyo 18 engin.

I think I allready broke the engin and I wasn't able to get it started jet.

It has a drill starter. So it is hard to tell if it is fluded are not. I read some forums and seems that it was indeed is fluded.

When I turnd it up site down to remove the fule a lot of metal waste came out (or other substance).

:-(

I tried to start the engin cold (didn't know you have to pre heat it)
The shop where i bought it didn't give any explenation. Just have fun with it :-(

they did tune it so it could be started but it never started. And when it does it died imidiatly. (well it proberly want start anymore ofter all the metal wase that was coming out of it).

Starting this things isn't easy. Perhaps it is wise to put the pullstarted back in place. (it was in the box anyway)

Do you think the engin is dead or am I mistaking?

How can you tell if it is broken?

any info is welcome.

Thanks

Oh well
Metal waste means that engine is history.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:25 PM
Fuelman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It has been a long time since I visited this thread, I am amazed that it spanned three years....
Old 03-11-2021, 06:36 AM
vbtaylor1

Default Break in

Originally Posted by Cummins
Wow, thats two completely opposite opinions. I'm a relative newb and this is how I broke in my engine and have had no problems with it:

I place the car on a stand and started it up. I let it idle for a tank, I then repeated this. After the second tank of idle. I placed it on the ground and did very slow (1/3 throttle max, not even that much) passes along a straight road, while adjusting steering trim. I repeated this a lot, gaining in confidence (and speed) over about 6 tanks. NOTE: This was my first real RC car so I was learning how to drive at the same time, I never went to full throttle at all through the whole break in perios, and still havn't really gone above 35mph. After my 6th tank, I took it to a big open car park and let all hell loose...

i read the manual for that particular engine. Most manuals are closer to idle first tank some even go as far as two three tanks using different speeds. When using airplane engine Nitro or even gas a break in at low speed is the way all the manuals i have read.