Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

VEE-ROD

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 06:40 PM
chief3452

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VEE-ROD

Hey Ron,

Great looking boat! I was wondering, do you leave your Voltwatch in the boat when you run? I have one too, but I don't think they are waterproof, any worries about what might happen if it gets wet? Take care,

Scott
Old 04-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes, I've got one in there mounted on top of the steering servo, it's my first time using one. I'm hoping that the radio box will be waterproof or close to it.
A lot has been done since I took those shots, it's coming along faster now that I have all of the parts. I stayed up a little late last night working on it but haven't touched it today as I made the trip to Toledo for the big R/C show there. I'm a little whipped right now after putting over 300 miles on the beast and all of the walking that I did.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Just when I thought that I had the boat about ready to hit the water the pull-starter took a dump on me. I got a replacement using a Zen from Pro Boat. Boy, did I pay through the nose for that baby!
I ended up by ordering some more stuff. The pull-starter may be coming off in favor for a starting pulley from Dave at Prestwich. I got a pipe stop, gaskets, a spare Walbro 257 plus yet another pull-starter from Zac at American R/C Boats.
Andy Brown is making me up 2 billet props that I should have next week. These are supposed to be steel but I've seen some of his billet aluminum ones for a nitro boat, those things are light!
I'm hoping ot get the boat wet next weekend if I get the time. My kid turns 21 Saturday and of course Sunday is Mother's Day so I gotta go spend some time with her. She does live at a lake though.