Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

World Models 27% Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 09:58 PM
F2G-1
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World Models 27% Ultimate

Check out the video and picts on aero-works website. When I saw it, I was sold. I'm not finished putting this one together yet, and can already see myself in the 33% one next year! The video of the 33% was awsome also!
I hope I dont have any problems with the hitec servos. What RX&TX do you use on your Wagstaff?
Ted
Old 04-26-2005, 07:24 AM
jgroumy
My Feedback: (1)

I'm using a Futaba 9C transmitter with a R138DP 8-channel PCM receiver. All servos are plugged in different channels and mixed together; it makes fine adjustments a breese. BTW i've been running my 5625's (as well as the receiver) on 6V, and like I said haven't had any problem. It really improves both speed and torque

JG
Old 04-26-2005, 08:51 AM
F2G-1

I've been thinking about the 9c. Was it difficult to program all 8 channels in this biplane aplication? (does it have a preset program for models like this) Overall, you been happy with it? I'm taking a hard look at one.

So, did you check out that video?

Ted
Old 04-26-2005, 11:44 AM
jgroumy

The 9C makes programming real easy. There are no preset mixes for this particular application (except the flaperon function), but it's a snap to setup 100% master->slave mixes while retaining end points and center adjustement for each servo. You can also, and that's not a feature found on lower-end radios, assign the trim to work on the master channel as well as on the slave channel (on some radios, let say you plug an elevator half in channel 2 and one in channel 5, the trim will only move the elevator half plugged in the elevator channel). All in all, I really like the radio, and it has many more features which I've yet to take advantage of.

I watched the video, but I must say I'm disappointed. The plane tumbles great, but I would have liked to see more low speed / high alpha stuff such as harrier flight, harrier rolling circles (to see if there is any wing rock) or walls (to see if the plane spnaps out of it). Can anybody with flying experience on this plane comment on these maneuvers, and on general 3D flying ? My Wagstaff extra is great for IMAC, but a little on the heavy side for 3D.

JG
Old 04-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Bashedit
My Feedback: (35)

OK you guys,
I'm getting mine ready to hopefully fly this weekend, taking a trip down to Kentucky or further south if I have to. But anyway plane weighed out at 15 lbs 4 oz!! I was just hoping to be under 16 pounds! And it balances right on the tube. Batteries up in the engine box like you guys said, Thanks a bunch.

Set up is;
BME 50 w/standard muffler
6-5945's ailerons & elevator
1-8611 on rudder
1-5245 on throttle
2-2800 mah Li-Ions w/ 6V regs
Old 04-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Slyder

Good luck Bashedit.
Let us know.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:02 PM
djwalker

I just received my WM Ultimate by UPS. I was looking hard at the Wild Hare Ultimate, but I ended up getting the WM one with hardware for a hair over $400... a great deal IMO! The plane is beautiful and the quality looks great at first glance. The supplied hardware is okay, but I think I'll be replacing some of it. I can't wait to begin building this one.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Bashedit
My Feedback: (35)

Dave,
I think the plane is a good value also. I just received my AMA Magazine yesterday and lo and behold Mike Hurley is using an Ultimate as the example. I'd recommend that you kind of follow his lead in the article. I had a little fit issue with the upper two wing halves to the cabane and like I said in an earlier post, the Horiz stabs had more than the recommended incidence. Its easy enough to check and correct.

Good luck with it and let us know how it goes for you. What engine are you planning on using?
Old 04-29-2005, 03:19 PM
djwalker

Yeah, I thought it was cool seeing the AMA mag with the Ultimate on it. It was almost as if they were reading my mind.

I intend to use a DA-50 I think.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:40 PM
F2G-1

Same here.
I walk in the door, stare at the mail on the table, and boom- theres my plane, sittin on the cover. Cool. Thats the 33% one. Oh no, i feel one of my spending spells coming on.

I havent decided on an engine yet. What about the ZDZ 40 or 50?

Ted
Old 04-29-2005, 04:46 PM
hosam
My Feedback: (121)

Guys, my budy has this plane with the DA50 and all I can say is wow, what a deal for $400... I thin I want one (purple)...
Old 04-30-2005, 11:45 AM
AP

Go Brison I have the AW 27% with a 3.2 almost done. Do a search on which engine is more reliable and less bs. You will find the Brison with way less issues.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:49 AM
BANDANA
My Feedback: (31)

I'll chime in for Brison and the AW 27% Ultimate. This combination is my first venture into gas and it worked out well. Maiden flight was on Weds and I'm still smiling. Unbelievable roll rates. Purple Power!!
Old 05-07-2005, 10:39 AM
AP

what prop are you running? do you have smoke in it? if so were is the tank?
How did it balance with Brison? Still waiting for money for servos. I have everything done but servos mounted. I had a lot of work getting wings to slide together nicely. Wing pins were a joke. And engine box took some time but all in all I am pretty happy. I cant wait to fly it.
Oh one more what did you do on your choke set up???? AP
Old 05-07-2005, 06:03 PM
BANDANA

AP~
I'm running a Pro-Zinger 22 x 10 right now. I may try a 22 x 8 sometime but for now this does me good. No smoke in this one....yet. It balanced out perfect with the Brison. I have redundant Li-Ions to the front of the cabin and the receiver near the rear. I also had to work with the wing pins and the tube. I beefed up the engine box as well. Doubled the firewall thickness and the sides. A couple of clicks of Up trim and all was good. Manual choke setup. Stick my finger in to flip it on and off.
Pics are in the gallery.
Bandana

p.s. I also pulled off my first front flips with a heli that day.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:57 AM
khan

Hi all! The Manual for my WM 27% Ultimate shows the Throtle servo inside the engine box. Isn't that to close to the Ignition module and wiring? How will this plane balance with a DA 50cc?
Thanks!
Old 05-12-2005, 03:20 PM
BANDANA

I can't speak for the balance with a DA 50cc. Compare the weight with the Brison 3.2. It balanced just fine with the Brison w/o adding weight. I have only a few flights with the throttle servo sitting up front with no problems. The experienced guys at my field all run it that way without problems though.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:53 PM
EXTRA ADDICT
My Feedback: (2)

I just ordered one guys! What servos are you guys running? I am torn between the Brisson 3.2 and the DA 50. Have any of you really wrung one out yet?
Old 05-12-2005, 09:10 PM
BANDANA

Addict~
I'm running Hitec 5645's all over except for throttle. Mine is still unwrung, the pilot has yet to get a grip with the plane. [>:]
Old 05-13-2005, 05:28 AM
khan

DA 50 is lighter than the Brison and I beleive more powerfull. I will have to put the throtle servo up front and hope no interference with the radio. Would love to see a video of this plane other than the Aeroworks site.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Duck!

I purchased a TWM 27% Ultimate a week or so ago and at first glance the build quality was good. However, after I started putting things together my opinion changed. 3 of the 4 wings have problems with the wing tube and/or alignment pins and sleeves. One of the wing panels is built really crappy. I understand this is an inexpensive ARF but you shouldn’t be able to see the LE & TE pieces through the covering. I’m starting to wonder if the thing was even sanded. It looks more like it was shaped with a planer and not sanded. The worst thing is the root rib is angled as if the wing should have dihedral. So when the wing halves do get fitted the top will have a small gap.

After seeing the poor wing quality I started looking at everything else. What I found has me wondering if I should even continue with this ARF. The cowl is painted a totally different shade of purple than the fuse and you can see airbrush strokes on the top. Certainly not the quality I’ve seen in my other planes.

Next I started looking at the engine box assembly. The F49 brace piece that should be inserted into the nose of the fuse is laser cut 1/8†too long. No biggie, I can sand it down. However, the F48 piece is cut 1†too short! Even if it was the right length, it would be glued up to the foam. So its not likely to provide any real support. It appears to me that the problem here was caused by F3 being moved back without reworking F49. On page 6 of the instructions, F3 appears to be less than ½†from F26A but in my fuse F3 is 1-1/2†from F26A.

On to page 7, the wing cabane assembly... I put the center cabane assembly together as instructed and have doubts that it will line up with the top wing. I measured the incidence of the aluminum rib by sitting the assembly on a flat level surface. It is -2 degrees and I doubt that can be correct. The only way to know for sure is assemble the bottom wing, put the side cabane pieces on then mount the top wing to see if it fits. I cant do this yet because the 3 holes in the wing don’t match the aluminum rib on the center cabane. I then inserted the cabane mounts (F26 & F26A) into the fuse and put the wing cabane assembly over them. The front part of the assembly has a 1/8†gap on both sides so the cabane will have to be bent into position. Doing this changes the incidence.

Has anyone else assembled this ARF? If so have you seen any of the things I mentioned above?
Old 05-16-2005, 08:57 PM
AP

Yes my AW version is the same, the wing pins need to be reworked along with other fit issues.
It is definately more work than most arfs. But being able to build the firewall for engine desired makes it nice.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:58 PM
snosfun

I have the AW Ultimate. I had same problems with the wing pins. I called AW and they knew about it and told me to sand and do what ever I had to do to make them fit. No problem but not cool. Some how my fire wall would have had like 9* of right thrust so I had to fix that before gluing in place. Wing struts and ca bane are PITA to do. I used Robart hinges, DA 50 (flawless performance so far), smoke system (haven't run that part yet) Hitec 645 MG servos, JR radio. This plane flies great. It hauls ass, flies slow, Flies great in wind (my maiden flight was in 25+mph gusty wind) vertical is awesome, and it looks great.

I saw a couple other threads wanting some info on smoke set ups in this plane. I've got the Sky Writer with only a 6oz tank stuffed sideways behind the firewall. Yeah, I know, too small. I found some of these tall, skinny tanks this weekend and I'm going to see if I can stuff it beside the main tank or maybe lay it down on the main tank. It is only 16oz but hey, there is no room for anything bigger. I'll post some pics if I can fit it in.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:15 AM
Y N C

Hi guys what are you weights with the brison 3.2? As for you guys that are looking for a more powerful 50cc you might want to consider the MVVS 45cc, its one awesome engine, i got 7000rpm on a beila 22x8 prop at about 2000 FT running rich on the frist gal of fuel and its much cheaper than a DA50. I think its around $515.00US from David Moen a canadian distributer for MVVS #1-250-833-0055.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76807.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	277701  
Old 05-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Y N C

ORIGINAL: khan

DA 50 is lighter than the Brison and I beleive more powerfull.
The DA50 is 2.5 oz lighter than the Brison 3.2 and they say it has a little more power. But so what, for the reliabilty and price I go with the Brison anyday, and for 2.5 oz of weight on a plane this size i don't thing you'll notice any differnt in the flying quality, and i don't have to take it off the plane for updates every 2 months or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.