Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

68 mph from a weedy engine

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

68 mph from a weedy engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 01:36 PM
otis721

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 68 mph from a weedy engine

i'm not sure but i could have sworn my new black jack 55 stock shot a rooster tail 75 feet in the air and was landing on the oppisite shore as she ran. i posted my pics to the photo gallery here. now realise that this is a scale boat. but it looks real. so, if we pretend that it is real than maybe my roost was that big. speaking scale of coarse.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:38 PM
otis721

and if we are still pretending and speaking scale i claim 175mph
Old 04-13-2009, 01:40 PM
otis721

just got my blackjack but i know it is the fastest on rcu.............none out there are faster. and i spent $4278.35 for it. only one ever sold like this in america and even came in the stock box. you guys better watch out. maybe i should post it as well forsale.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:24 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If wer'e talking scale heres my 230 ft rooster tail in my fully moddified marinised weedy powered hydro doing arround 180 mph .

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVGBWC_3MuY[/link]
Old 04-14-2009, 09:11 AM
pyro1

I ASKED THE GUY HOW HE HITS 65MPH. THIS IS HIS REPLY[sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=what_smile.gif]
Pyro 1
Mostly wwh is junk for the novice boaters. They have nice starter boats heavy but nice. There is a few things to do to help gain speed. The less you draw the faster you go. I have zero floatation, zero stringers, and just enough fuel to run. Except for the 1/4 scale servo everything else is jr. Trim tabs are very mportant, not only do they lower the nose but if placed right they raise the ass. No turn fins and a really nice custom prop. It will maintain upper 50's all the time low 60's most of the time when the condition is right. A little chop on the water to get the boat up. Prop depth and angle also play alot in the performance. This is all stuff you already know I am sure. I just have a shop set up where I can tune in the water, makes all the difference in the world. I am currently trying to get a video on you tube. I am not computer literate, I am waiting for a friend to help me. The 65 was only hit once. The latest gps has been posted in the current add.
I will gps again when I shoot the video and will add the results on the video. I will also try and take a picture of the screen and post it on the auction page. Should be done by wed.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Have to say his interpretation of a "really nice custom prop" looks remarkably like an out of the bag prather 275

It has been race modified to the extreem. Boat has been built using various parts from different manufacturers. Like quickdraw clutch system, sikk pull start and enforcer trim tabs. It has had piston and jug work as well as a modified walbro big bore carb added. It has one awesome sounding performance exhaust. It has been polished, ported and balanced. Engine meets 5+ h.p. and cranks at incedible rpms. Not only does it sound sweet but it has been GPS clocked at 63 mph. Average speed is about 58 mph. GPS SPEEDS HAVE BEEN UPDATED BOAT WAS RAN 4/12/09 TO CONFIRM THE NUMBERS. Man does it run awesome. It has one of the wickedest power bands I have ever heard on an rc boat. This boat will dominate at the races with out fail.
This joker really is impressive at his spin on reality. Race modified to the extreme like quickdraw clutch system (Quickdraw dont make clutches and what serious racer uses one in the first place), Sikk pull starter (that looks remarkably like a stock zenoah starter - and since when was a pull starter a race modification). I am sure racers at ponds across the nation are nervously watching to see where this "extreem race modified" power house will end up.

I do love the Super G - one of my favorite boats and I have a pair of them - if I thought there a chance in heck that this boat could "average 58mph" and be "GPS clocked at 63mph" I would pay twice what he is asking.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Paul M

ORIGINAL: pyro1

I ASKED THE GUY HOW HE HITS 65MPH. THIS IS HIS REPLY[sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=what_smile.gif]
Pyro 1

I have zero floatation, zero stringers, and just enough fuel to run. Except for the 1/4 scale servo everything else is jr. ..... The 65 was only hit once. The latest gps has been posted in the current add.
I will gps again when I shoot the video and will add the results on the video. I will also try and take a picture of the screen and post it on the auction page. Should be done by wed.

So that's why I struggle so to get my boats faster Those pesky heavy *****ed pool noodles. Wow and the answer was right in front of me

I guess he's never rolled the boat at 60 or it would be in Davey Jones' locker without floatation.

This just gets better and better
Old 04-14-2009, 10:17 AM
SUPER-V

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This guy is either a politician or a used car salesman , what's funny though is he's got us all paying some attention to this simple boat . I dont know what to believe I usually like to say nothing is "impossible" more like not probable in this case but i'd like to see it with my own eyes. Never thought my initial question would cause such a firestorm
Old 04-14-2009, 11:13 AM
jtdesign

Well if this guy sell's this boat it's going to be someone that's just getting into boats that buy's it & thats to bad!

Butt then maybe it's time I unload my ocean front condo in Minnesota, I've even water skied behind a grate white shark , and you should see the rooster tail they have!!!!!!!

I just cant stop laughing about this.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Dreamin Hemi

Somebody should give this seller a link to this thread.....would love to be a fly on the wall as he's reading this![sm=lol.gif]
Old 04-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Jamming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FUNNY POST !!! Reminds me of a sqid who told me his camaro goes 200 mph. I own some very fast cars and he still would not listen. Same with this fella i am sure. Hopefully some poor sap doesnt buy it.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:00 PM
coyv10

Hey if he could compress that rooster tail down I bet it could be rynning 80mph
Old 04-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Scott, I made hte mistake of posting a thread on another site making fun of an Aeromarine Cat that I felt the owner messed up royally and found out quickly that he was a member of the site. Embarrassed? Yeah, a little but I still thought that the owner still had a piece of junk. I was brutally berbally attacked on that site once while other members thought that a member had a nice paint job, nobody but me had the nerve to tell it like I thought it really was, worse than butt-ugly. Gawdy green with orange flames poorly done at that just didn't do a thing for me except maybe nausea. [:'(]
No, things might really get ugly in here then you or Matt would have to step in and do your Mod thing.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:59 PM
bullboy8

Been dropping in on this thread over the last couples of days for my daily chuckles. I still consider myself an amateur, but I'm learning from you all...nothing but the best! On second thought, maybe I should ditch you all and take a few pointers from that seller so I can get my weedy powered woody doing 100 mph+[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] On a serious note, I agree someone should give the seller this link so my daily chuckles can turn into uncontrollable laughs!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:25 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Scott, I made hte mistake of posting a thread on another site making fun of an Aeromarine Cat that I felt the owner messed up royally and found out quickly that he was a member of the site. Embarrassed? Yeah, a little but I still thought that the owner still had a piece of junk. I was brutally berbally attacked on that site once while other members thought that a member had a nice paint job, nobody but me had the nerve to tell it like I thought it really was, worse than butt-ugly. Gawdy green with orange flames poorly done at that just didn't do a thing for me except maybe nausea. [:'(]
No, things might really get ugly in here then you or Matt would have to step in and do your Mod thing.
Just remember Ron beauty is in the eye of the beholder everyone has diff tastes wether it be in women or boats .I once said to a guy in a bar dam that girls ugly only to find out it was his wife [X(],embarrased just a little .Lucky he had a sense of humour ,either that or he agreed with me or things could have got ugly in a whole different way .
Mart
Old 04-15-2009, 02:10 PM
jtdesign

I Just want to say when some one builds something they are realy proud of it & can take offense to constructive cridasisem , and tats understandable because they worked really hard on it.

But I really have a problem when someone perposely lies an misleads people for a profit !!!!!

ITS JUST NOT RIGHT. And I think thats what this guy was doing.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:22 PM
SUPER-V

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well thats the bottom line I never wanted to , or have anyone else make fun of this guy or his boat (though you cant help but laugh when you read some of his ad) I simply wanted to know if this thing could do 65 mph and if so I would'nt mind owning it .
Old 04-15-2009, 03:35 PM
bullboy8

I agree with thull. When I built my first weedy I thought it was the coolest most spectacular boat!!! Fastest...not by far, but I still am proud of it. BUT I would never lie and say it does something that it never would be capable of doing. Personaly I think this guy had it coming, and chances are 6-12 months from now he probably will still be claiming the same stuff. To Each His Own though. Now I have to get back to building my super cool, hopefully fast boats
Old 04-15-2009, 05:02 PM
martno1fan

Thing is though when guys like this get away with this it hurts the genuine people out there ,as some know i build and sell the odd boat myself but i try to be honest .So if i say my boat does 45 mph on the gps and this fool comes along and says well mine does 65mph which one are people especially the new boaters going to buy? .I admit i started off on the thread joking etc but its time guys like this were shown for what they are which is utter conmen and believe me theres lots of them arround and not all are small fry either.
Mart
Old 04-15-2009, 06:29 PM
jtdesign

I have joke to and quite honestly had to refrain from what I wanted to say, but this was still a fun tread. I think e-bay admin's should be given a link to this page as well as the seller..

oh and on another note I glad this guy dosen't nkow where any of us live ! cause people can do crazy things when there mad!

thull
Old 04-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Paul M

Ok at the risk of ruffling some feathers, I think I need to straighten some of you guys out on this. This thing is NOT going to do 65 mph E V E R. We are not making fun of this guy or being mean to someone who is proud of their first boat. He is L Y I N G about something in order to sell it and sell it for way more than it's worth. I don't care if he is PO'd about it or hurt or upset. What he is doing is wrong and he needs to be called up on it.

I know it's hard sometimes to admit that some people are ripoffs and cons but unfortunately it is what it is.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:14 PM
martno1fan

Now come on Paul dont hold back just tell it as it is wont yaa
Mart
Old 04-15-2009, 07:26 PM
jtdesign

I agree 100% with you thats how this whole thing started !!!!!

& here is what might happen now, The new boater that bought this will goin one of these web sites , state his speed claims becauce thats what he's been told. people will treat him like poorly (because we dont have all the info) & his response will be F those guy's , and have a bad opinion for all boaters.

this is just my opinion.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Paul M

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

Now come on Paul dont hold back just tell it as it is wont yaa
Mart

Old 04-16-2009, 03:00 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Unfortunately there are companies and private individuals selling garbage all over the Internet and if it's on eBay or even here in the RCU Marketplace it's still buyer beware. They're still unloading what has to be close ot the worst R/C boat ever made in mass production on eBay and this site, the Dolphin/Stingray. They advertise it as being a 55-65 MPH boat but will only do 17-20 MPH and is very unstable and falls apart after the first time out. I've personally made a $1,000.00 challenge to the sellers to prove to me that it would do anywhere close to advertised speeds. I'd pay that out if it could hit 45 out of the box! So far nobody has taken me up on it. Yes, I've got the Grand and would pay in cash. Their "fine print" says that the HULL is capable of doing that speed, not the boat as equipped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.