Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Where's Brillelli???

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:49 AM
airlyons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where's Brillelli???

Well... the USPS tracking link finally updated... it took 13 days from the time of shipping info received to arriving at Canada Customs.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Good to hear.. USPS tracking sucks.. and customs can take awhile. It will probably be on your door step long before USPS says it was delivered. Once took 10 days to get a card from my parents from Canada haha
Old 08-06-2008, 01:10 AM
rodney tanner

I also bought the AW 35cc Extra 300 ARF-QB (on March 13th) and a Brillelli 46GT, pitts muffler, along with several other items from Scott (on March 14th) with the intention of actually FLYING this set-up by spring of '08. The plane showed up on May 24th and I'm still waiting on the engine. Scott responding by email on July 3rd with an update on my order by stating the engine should ship the following week. That's been several weeks ago now and still nothing. I'm trying to remain patient thru his personal problems, but the business situation is bordering on ridiculous. It's unfortunate that the frustration level has driven many customers away. I'm in total agreement with comments made by Captinjohn and Aquaskiman.

Question: If Scott is working so diligently on his backlog, then why aren't we hearing about any "filled" orders lately? It's been nervously quiet on that front.[sm=50_50.gif]
Ditto, ditto, ditto. Ordered a GT46 on march 29th. I am flying an AW Extra 260 with an FTL 52. Under $200 and it got here to Mexico in 6 days.
I too feel sorry for Scott, but enough is enough. In spite of his personal problems he has let a lot of people down. Nuf said. I hope to get a refund eventually.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:34 AM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

I have finally decided to have a new carb spacer made for my engine and buy a new SDC80 carb as I cannot wait any longer for Scott. It was totally coincidental that the gentleman doing my repair also stated that he was waiting on some gaskets that Scott was supposed to send several weeks ago. There are more people out there than we know that Scott owes service or product to. The report that someone is getting an engine is welcome but I'll adopt a Missouri attitude on that one.

Loopman
Old 08-06-2008, 08:35 AM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been waiting on a 26 since early April. I received the USPS tracking info also, and have not been able to get any updates. I know Scott has had some health and supplier problems. I did get a a couple of emails from him in July that those had been solved and he would be catching up. Everybody I have heard from that has bought from him says he's a stand up guy, so I am willing to wait a little longer, just getting nervous. Jake Rudy has been trying to keep everyone updated. Thanks, Jake.

I will check the USPS tracking again, as I saw one of you guys above said it was updated.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Loopman

I just received a ship notification from USPS so I know Scott is still with us. I am happy knowing that my repair is slated for return and I hope that this also means that Scott is okay and will now be getting back to business. He deserves our understanding and compassion but we, in turn, also deserve some acknowledgement and response.

Loopman
Old 08-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Chas_97
My Feedback: (5)

I paid Brillelli $320 back on May 20th 2008, called Brillelli several times to check lead time. Finally got Scott on the phone (he never bothered to call me or email me back). It was May 26th when told me these exact words, "we're starting to get caught up now so I can have you your engine in 3 weeks time." Having no reason at that time to not believe him I said "thank you" and we hung up the line. Well about 20 emials and 20 voice mails later I've been completely and purposedly ignored. What makes it so bad is that I've already paid for the engine back on May 20th via PayPal. Huge mistake since PayPal has a 45 day time limit for disputing transactions.

Health problems, family problems, email provider issues, etc...etc...I hope all ends well for Scott E., but it's just WRONG to ignore customers who've already paid in full and have been promised a 3 week lead time by Scot himself.

Has anyone received a refund from Brillelli??? I've sent several requests via phone and emial over four weeks ago asking for my money back and I've been completely and purposedly ignored. That has to be unlawful. If he'd at least stop ignoring me I'd be okay with waiting indefinately, but because I've been ignored like this I'm going to send a certified letter to Brillelli demanding full refund within 20 days of receipt of letter. After 20 days I fully intend to file suit.

Family and health problems are unfortunate, but customer who've paid in advance, trusting a merchant deserve to be acknowledged. No excuses.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:43 PM
handsonscott
My Feedback: (1)

I also paid via PayPal, 425.00 bucks in early June. I had no idea that there was a 45 day time limit on disputing transactions. I believe I may be screwed also....
Let me know if you decide to file anything. I'll be a claimant as well.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:03 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Guys guys guys, it's apparent that you all are hurting and rightfully so, but Scott has during the past built up quite an enviable reputation for being a straight shooter and a stand up guy, so how about just giving him just a bit more slack to get his act in order and come good. How about it ?

Karol
Old 08-07-2008, 06:07 AM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Must have deleted my email with the tracking number, so now I am just waiting, and hoping. How about posting something if anyone gets a shipment from Scott so we can get excited?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Chas_97

ORIGINAL: karolh

Guys guys guys, it's apparent that you all are hurting and rightfully so, but Scott has during the past built up quite an enviable reputation for being a straight shooter and a stand up guy, so how about just giving him just a bit more slack to get his act in order and come good. How about it ?

Karol
The time for waiting with patience has come and went. Let me reiterate: Scott E. is purposedly and delibertly ignoring his customers who've pre-paid for engines in advance. I was quoted a 3 week lead time by Scott E. back in May '08. Have not heard from him since.

ANYONE WHO HAS PAID BRILLELLI MONEY BEWARE: You only have 45 days to dispute the transaction via PayPal. One option is to call your bank and request they CHARGE BACK the funds to PayPal and/or Scott E. Scott is guilty of interstate commerce/wire fraud at this point (mainly due to the fact that he's chosen to ignore our attempts to communicate with and/or our requests for refunds). I've received information from several RCU members that have paid Scott E. for orders and (because they have been ignored for weeks even months now) have been forced to contact the Sterns County Sheriff's Dept. The Sterns County Sheriff's Dept. phone number is 320.656.3600. You'll want to ask for Sheriff John Sanner. Explain to him that you, amoung others, have been defrauded by Scott E. Also don't forget to send a written, letter of demand via registered mail. I'm hearing that Scott is chosing to not pick up registerd mail and this why the Sterns County Sheriff is willing to visit Scott E. for each violation. It has been reported that Scott has told the Sheriff that his email has been spammed (which is a lie and shows Scott E. has no integrity) and he's working to get caught up. Finally, you'll have to visit the Sterns County Website to file suit against Scott E. It is unlawful to ignore customers that have paid you money and that have not recieved their orders by the quoted lead time. It is also unethical, and I find all this gibberish about family and health problems a very unbecoming tactic to be used as an excuse to ignore paying customers. I refuse to let him steal my money.

Remember: Scott may have spent all the money we sent him (on parts or God knows what) so he may be broke and unable to refund money. He may be planning for a bankruptcy filing SO HURRY AND DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK FROM HIM BEFORE IT'S LEGALLY TOO LATE!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Deathbunny_SG
My Feedback: (6)

I recieved a refund from Scott a few weeks ago. I sent him an email requesting a refund and he replied the very next day saying he would get it taken care of. Two weeks later I still had no refund and I emailed him again threating to go to paypal and he replied again apoligized for the delay and processed the refund right away.

I agree with what Chas is saying and this has got to be the most forgeving group of consumers on the planet to be as patient as you guys have been about this. I have been ripped off by a buisness that ended up declaring bancruptcy before so I was not nearly as trusting or patient as the rest of you are. Brillelli may of had exellent customer service in the past but it sure has gone right down the crapper for what ever reason. I personaly have written there engines off as not even being an option at this point. I hope everyone that is waiting gets taken care of either with a refund or product and that this has a happy ending. From what I have read on here it doesn't sound like he is out to rip anyone off but they never sound that way till its to late...

GL all
Old 08-07-2008, 02:54 PM
pappy35

Whatever happened I doubt he was out to rip anyone off. This is a lesson to all of us.

However tempting and sincere one is, one-man shops (or very very small companies) are always going to be risky to deal with. He's probably hit a speed-bump, either personal or professional, and there's no one else around to help him meet his commitments. Too bad. He took really good care of me last year and I was looking forward to buying another engine from him for my warbird project.

Guess I'll have to buy a DA ($$$) just 'cause they're a real company. That sucks.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:08 PM
flymeaway
My Feedback: (6)

It's really sad to read all the bad reports on this thread. I bought the 46 from him two years ago. I had severe interference problems I chased for months. During that time Scott sent me new ignitions to try, a new carb, new plugs, new caps, you name it - the guy bent over backwards and went way above and beyond what I would consider normal to help me out. (As it turned out, it had nothing to do with the engine but a bad Rx.) Based on this experience I'm planning on ordering another engine from him for my winter project. Hopefully he'll have things cleared up to regain his superior reputation. His products speak for themselves as far as I'm concerned, let's just hope that he'll get back on track.

And oh yeah, never can anyone rely on USPS tracking. I have never ordered a thing, and there have been many, where the tracking info said anything other than "received info from supplier", even after I received the order. Their tracking system is beyond useless.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:47 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I need another 60cc so I hope he gets back into the swing. It's the only 60cc I know of that weighs 3.5 ounces less than an all up ZDZ 50 NG with wrap around pitts (using his Lite muffler, stand off's, and 1 cell Lipo).
Old 08-07-2008, 03:53 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

ORIGINAL: flymeaway

It's really sad to read all the bad reports on this thread. I bought the 46 from him two years ago. I had severe interference problems I chased for months. During that time Scott sent me new ignitions to try, a new carb, new plugs, new caps, you name it - the guy bent over backwards and went way above and beyond what I would consider normal to help me out. (As it turned out, it had nothing to do with the engine but a bad Rx.) Based on this experience I'm planning on ordering another engine from him for my winter project. Hopefully he'll have things cleared up to regain his superior reputation. His products speak for themselves as far as I'm concerned, let's just hope that he'll get back on track.

And oh yeah, never can anyone rely on USPS tracking. I have never ordered a thing, and there have been many, where the tracking info said anything other than "received info from supplier", even after I received the order. Their tracking system is beyond useless.
FYI on USPS "tracking" system..IT AIN"T! Its a delivery confirmation reciept. I can get a USPS shipping notice and not even ship a thing for months.

I'm AMAZED at the patience of some folks. This guy is sinking fast and taking others with him. This thread reminds me of the Lone Star Balsa one when they burned to the ground. MANY critized the few for wanting refunds...The few were the lucky ones!
Time will tell....If ya can't get new engines, how ya gonna get parts?
Old 08-07-2008, 04:22 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

"I'm AMAZED at the patience of some folks. This guy is sinking fast and taking others with him. This thread reminds me of the Lone Star Balsa one when they burned to the ground. MANY critized the few for wanting refunds...The few were the lucky ones!
Time will tell....If ya can't get new engines, how ya gonna get parts?"

I hear ya.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:58 PM
pappy35

I'm definately not critisizing anyone. A business is a business. You pay you MUST get! I just object to the those implying he's a criminal.

There's a guy over on a motorcycle forum (Skyway MC Products) that took those guys for almost ten GRAND in a group buy offer! After a YEAR AND A HALF went by he finally apologized and asked everyone to return products related to that group for refunds. Guess what, after a bunch of posts confirming UPS delivery to him, he's gone again.

That guy should be a felon and be sent somewhere to, eh, discover his manhood. Mike? Well he should damn well deliver or refund but I think he's having some issue, not that he's defrauding you guys. Too bad, really. This issue and the one involving the group buy have really turned me off to buying anything from small companies, start-ups, and individuals. It's a shame.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: pappy35

Whatever happened I doubt he was out to rip anyone off. This is a lesson to all of us.

However tempting and sincere one is, one-man shops (or very very small companies) are always going to be risky to deal with. He's probably hit a speed-bump, either personal or professional, and there's no one else around to help him meet his commitments. Too bad. He took really good care of me last year and I was looking forward to buying another engine from him for my warbird project.

Guess I'll have to buy a DA ($$$) just 'cause they're a real company. That sucks.
Pappy35

Best post I've seen regarding this unfortunate situation! I'm not a Brillelli customer but was going to be before this whole situation came up with Scott. I wish Scott only the best and will wait to see how things work out with his business.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:46 PM
apriliamille

hi,
this isnt right. if there is a problem why not go through the appropriate channels and leave it be? firing up the torches and getting the pitch forks sharpened for the "small" mob isnt going to resolve it. if anything it just might get someone to quit making a good product, then we are all out an awesome product.
its obvious that he isnt spending too much time lately on the forums, what is expected to be gained other then attracting misery to other misery with these angry posts?
we all ordered because of good experiences and a hot product and we all should know what can come with a "boutique" style shop purchase. its not like this is a mass production shove them out the door a.s.a.p. like other large online retailers.

while waiting why not fly another plane? fly with a back up motor? start a new project? if someone is not flying do to the exclusive response of "i dont have my brillelli" then something is wrong especially when a plethora of other people are flying happily and enjoying the skies with brand xxx engine while others sit mumbling and grumbling.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:59 PM
apriliamille

ORIGINAL: Chas_97

The time for waiting with patience has come and went. Let me reiterate: Scott E. is purposedly and delibertly ignoring his customers who've pre-paid for engines in advance. I was quoted a 3 week lead time by Scott E. back in May '08. Have not heard from him since.

im sorry chas but i have to disagree. i have received an email in the past 2 weeks regarding a engine situation i have and im in the 3rd month of waiting for my engine which is prepaid just like every one else.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:54 PM
airlyons

Just got my 366gt today... it fired right up and sounded throaty... (kind of harly-ish)... so whatever the problem was, Scott fixed it. (he changed the carb and ignition because he wanted to ensure I wouldn't have any problems) And he enclosed a cheque for the my shipping cost. The only downside was the sparkplug that was in the engine broke... oh well.

As for performance... well I already own a DA50r... I'll let you know how the tachs compare with identical props, and how it compares for reliability once I've flown a few gallons.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: apriliamille

hi,
this isnt right. if there is a problem why not go through the appropriate channels and leave it be? firing up the torches and getting the pitch forks sharpened for the "small" mob isnt going to resolve it. if anything it just might get someone to quit making a good product, then we are all out an awesome product.
its obvious that he isnt spending too much time lately on the forums, what is expected to be gained other then attracting misery to other misery with these angry posts?
we all ordered because of good experiences and a hot product and we all should know what can come with a "boutique" style shop purchase. its not like this is a mass production shove them out the door a.s.a.p. like other large online retailers.

while waiting why not fly another plane? fly with a back up motor? start a new project? if someone is not flying do to the exclusive response of "i dont have my brillelli" then something is wrong especially when a plethora of other people are flying happily and enjoying the skies with brand xxx engine while others sit mumbling and grumbling.
Bravo!
I was composing a post along this same line but you said it better. I understand the frustration of those who have money involved but burning Scott at the stake won't solve anything. Too often these types of complaint threads turn into a senseless pile on, exaggerated claims, brazen threats and outright fibs.

Scott will probably get this all cleared up, quietly turn out the lights and never produce another engine again. Who could blame him. Sadly, other modelers will be denied the opportunity to own and experience one of Scott's creations. Meanwhile those who ripped it up here will be satisfied they showed who is boss.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Chas_97

Some of you guys are missing the point here.

The point is that you can't deliberlately and purposedly ignore customers that have a) pre-paid for an order & b) been promised a 3 week lead time yet months have went by. Business should be run on principles of integrity. The money, the engine all that takes a back seat to principle. At least that's how I see it. I work a full time day job and run a home improvement business on the side so I'm well aware of the challenges running a small business and being strapped for time constantly. Ignoring customers requests for order status updates and/or requests for refunds is just wrong. The fact that Scott E. has chosen to do this on purpose really irritates me, and I feel justified in that feeling. If you are able to read this thread and actually comprehend what is written here you can easily see that no one is out to "hang Scott". Facts are facts, and if Scott would just simply return phone calls and/or emails everyone would feel alot better about this situation.

I see no angry, hateful posts here. I see no "mob" mentality here. The purpose of this thread is to share information, specifically about Brillelli and the ongoing rash of customers who've pre-paid Scott E., been promised product and/or service, and have consequently been methodically ignored by Scott E. You just don't ignore paying customers in ANY kind of business, big or small. You just don't do it.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Loopman

I will re-state that Scott has gone above and beyond on several occasions for many of us. That is a wonderful thing and I think the world of Scott for doing this. BUT, it does not relieve him of his responsibilities to those who have PAID for a product and after a lengthy wait still have not received it. Those who state that some of you should just sit back, relax and fly something else in the meantime have not forked out hard earned dollars. That is about as stupid a statement as I've ever heard! I cannot afford to abide by that way of thinking. I sincerely hope that Scott can get back on his feet but it's gonna take a concerted effort that will take alot of time. On another note, I would expect at anytime for a moderator to close this thread now that someone is seeing it as a "let's crunch Brillelli" mob action. RCU is not a democratically run forum and the moderators act on their own opinion in these issues. Sorta like human rights in China!

Loopman

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.